• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Vivid memory

Hi all I am new to android. I am a former iphone and blackberry user. I love the htc vivid I just have on concern. When I go to the Task Manager the total memory says 829 MB total but at times its tells me that I have anywhere from 125 to 230 mb free. I have only download around ten apps and they are on a sd card I have cleaned the cache and history. This may be nothing but it seems like thier is not alot of free memory to me. If this is not normal what can I do to free up the memory all suggestions are welcome.

Open your app drawer/all apps then select running tab at the top.This will let you stop the things you aren't using etc.This will free up memory/Ram.This is the total amount of things running using your memory/Ram,not actual space you have.Go to menu/settings/all tab at the top,this will show you how much internal storage you have.You can select other tabs at the top for sd card storage etc.But i too have noticed some of the amounts aren't exactly correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones