• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Vivid, thinking about trying Atrix 2..

SysAdmNj

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
North NJ
Just got my htc vivid lte device yesterday and have had nothing but data connection issues. I'll give them a last chance at the store to troubleshoot but I might just stay away from lte devices for now especially since I dont even live in lte areas. Can anyone confirm the atrix 2 is much better than atrix 1 and the htc inspire? How does it hold up against the sgs2? And last question, does this device have led notifications?

Upvote 0
HTC is not known for their speaker and radio quality. On the other hand, moto is known for good strong radios and speakers, so if you are having data connection issues, this may be an issue with the vivid, and not just a sample defect. The screen on the vivid is better than the atrix2 (I'm a happy atrix2 owner), tho, so if that is important to you, you might want to try another vivid before you move to the atrix2. The atrix2 is a solid phone, though, and will probably give you better battery life as well.

Upvote 0
HTC is not known for their speaker and radio quality. On the other hand, moto is known for good strong radios and speakers, so if you are having data connection issues, this may be an issue with the vivid, and not just a sample defect.

FWIW, my $300 Moto Defy is much better, in both respects, than my "flagship" HTC Sensation 4G. It consistently gets 10-12dBm better signal than the Sensation (same with every other HTC I've experienced going back to the HTC Touch Pro), and when testing a Skype call, with the Defy on the table, I turned the volume down because it was a bit loud. I thought the sound was coming thru the speaker, but it was actually coming thru the "earpiece". Conversely, it is difficult to hear calls on the Sensation in mildly loud restaurants.

Upvote 0
Maybe it is my area... but they don't have Atrix 2 in stock or on display. I called 2 Best Buys near me and they have Atrix 2 in stock but not on display. I just want to play with one before committing to buy it... :/

I was going to get one off of Amazon Wireless ($50 and no tax), and they have a 30 day return policy. Probably the best bet for me.

Upvote 0
Maybe it is my area... but they don't have Atrix 2 in stock or on display. I called 2 Best Buys near me and they have Atrix 2 in stock but not on display. I just want to play with one before committing to buy it... :/

I was going to get one off of Amazon Wireless ($50 and no tax), and they have a 30 day return policy. Probably the best bet for me.

Call Best Buy, tell them you want to purchase one, but have to see it in action first. They should be more than willing to get one out of the box and set it up for you to use, I would think. I mean, it's a $500 device. Would they expect you to buy a TV based on the picture shown on the cardboard box?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones