• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC weather and clock on the X

Fancy Widget and Weather Toggle widget might look great but are both completely unreliable. Once you apply the widget, neither will update the temperature. This is manually or automatically. You'll need to delete widget and reapply to update.

I have run into no problems with auto update or location using FW. I have clicked through from the widget to weather channel website (the site on which the FW weather is based) and it always matches the current weather on the site.

BW certainly gives more choices in skinning but if someone just wants a widget that mirrors the HTC weather widget (as requested by the OP), I think FW is a great choice.

Btw, there was a discussion posted recently by the developer of Launcher Pro that showed BW using "extraordinarily high" memory usage within LP which was potentially causing some force close on some phones. I think the BW developer came onto the discussion and was able to release an update that resolved some of the issue. If you're running BW and haven't updated recently, you may want to check.

Upvote 0
Are you running this on the DX? I have friends with the DX and they can't update weather either.

Yes DX with 2.1 unrooted. Installed using the scan code posted earlier. Set to update hourly.

I've got it set where..

1. Touch the weather part of the widget brings up 3 day forecast. Touch forecast takes me to weather channel site with forecast for the day.

2. Touch clock part of the widget brings up alarm/stop watch app.

3. Touch calendar part of the widget brings up the calendar.

Everything works perfectly and looks great with the stock DX wallpaper.

I should note I am not running Launcher Pro or ADW, that's the only thing I can think of that might be affecting it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones