• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Weather Widget not showing correct location

It's usually just tangled.

I sometimes have to do this chicken dance to fix it - go into settings turn off location everything, back out to home screen (use back key, not home) - then go back in, reset those location settings back to what they were - if your city's already showing, just tap that part of the widget, then update to the bottom left. If your city's stale, pop open google maps to force the location update.

I don't know - but - I still blame accuweather.com - I think that's a big part of our problem, right there - syncing correctly with their server.

Upvote 0
It's usually just tangled.

I sometimes have to do this chicken dance to fix it - go into settings turn off location everything, back out to home screen (use back key, not home) - then go back in, reset those location settings back to what they were - if your city's already showing, just tap that part of the widget, then update to the bottom left. If your city's stale, pop open google maps to force the location update.

I don't know - but - I still blame accuweather.com - I think that's a big part of our problem, right there - syncing correctly with their server.

No Joy, I'm getting the location just no weather data. I also tried clearing the HTC weather app cache/data with no luck.

I agree it's a accu weather/htc issue.

Upvote 0
I've had my EVO since July and has been smooth sailing since. However, today, my HTC weather/clock widget just went blank. For no apparent reason. But the strange thing is if I manually put in a city, it's fine again. But the instant I go to current location for weather updating, it goes blank. Any suggestions?

Yes same is happening to me I just out a random city and it worked but when I went back to mine it went blank :/

Upvote 0
If you have time, maybe try accessing accuweather.com from a lap/destop and see if it still knows the weather for your city.

Naturally, you can do this from your phone's browser - but - it's an arcane site, not fun to navigate, and last I'd tried it, it started running accuweather stuff on my Evo that I never wanted to run explicitly.

One day, late summer I guess, they simply lost my city for 6 full days.

We did not exist - so - our weather did not exist.

No bugs at all!! :D

Upvote 0
If you have time, maybe try accessing accuweather.com from a lap/destop and see if it still knows the weather for your city.

I don't think accuweather detect's your location on their website. It just defaults to the top 3 or 4 major cities in the us. It acts the same on both my phone and home pc.

weather.com also did not locate me, but it didn't give me any default cities either.

I have been using launcher pro with beautiful widgets since june(beautiful widgets also pulls from accuweather). I never have any location issues with it, none that I can tell. and it does change cities when I drive around.

I just compared the weather forecast at accuweather.com from my pc and then from my phone through beautiful widgets. the 3 day forecast was the same. current conditions my phone app seems a little slow (like it doesn't know the sun went done, its 6:18 pm in san francisco) but the high and low is spot on. I then compared to weather.com and it was the same as accuweather.com

I think the phone locations are done by your phone and then conditions for that location are pulled from accuweather.

Upvote 0
^^Yes, agree - location gathered on phone and then pulled from accuweather using that data.

What I said - or meant to say was - go to accuweather.com on your laptop browser. Enter your city by typing by hand. Sometimes my city simply disappears and it says it can't find it.

So - if it can't find it sometimes by hand, I don't think it's going to improve via automatic request.

That's not to say that it accounts for all issues - just some.

And - accuweather sux.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones