1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Weather Widget

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jonnay0808, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Jonnay0808

Jonnay0808 Member

How do I use the HTC weather widget without having my gps on? I think it's draining my battery too quickly.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. apavolka

apavolka Android Enthusiast

You might be able to use network location which does nothing extra other than pull location data from vzw.

3. Jonnay0808

Jonnay0808 Member

Nope, doesn't do it.

4. apavolka

apavolka Android Enthusiast

That's odd. It had worked for me. I checked the Google and vzw location services and not the standalone gps.

5. silverlake

silverlake Newbie

I did the same and it works great for me!

6. Jonnay0808

Jonnay0808 Member

oh, I guess I was checking the wrong thing, it works. thanks!

7. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

When I got my phone, the GPS wasn't working at all. I had to turn off VZW and google location services and only keep the GPS on, then it finally worked. I just set the weather widget to my home location. Wish it worked differently, but oh well.

8. pmgreen

pmgreen Newbie

Silly question, but what's the difference between the 3 GPS options?

9. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Android Expert

From what I understand, GPS is standard GPS using a satellite for location. Google uses your data connection to find your location, like the location of the router in regards to the web, but it may show you at the location of the ISP when using WiFi. Verizon uses it's towers to triangulate location. GPS would be the most accurate, while Google should use the least battery, but at the same time sacrificing accuracy. The only thing I'm not sure on is if GPS uses more juice than Verizon's location triangulation, especially if you're on LTE.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews