• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC White Screen every time i flash a custom rom

Post Reader

Aug 11, 2012
hi, i have a WFS A510e marvel with S-On, rooted. every time i try to install a custom rom in recovery mode it says that install complete but then stucks on htc white screen and never moves forward. i mailny use to wipe data/reset then wipe cache partition and then wipe dalvik cache and then installing a custom rom.

Any one please guide me on this

Upvote 0
i had the same problem, early this morning, but i was working with a vm wfs cdma.backed up with BOTH clockworkmod 5.0.2.8, and titanium bu....i even put a copy of the sd card on my pc. flashed the rom from sd, waited about 15-20 before i re-tried flash-each time 'fac reset, part.cache, dalvick...everything. and each time, it said loaded, and then; white screen. was trying to flash the updated miui for the a510e. i figured that, ok, so its not compatible; i'll just flash restore to what i had before...no big loss. selected the backup/restore & tried to execute it, and got 'file not found...CRAP!!! long story short , i located a stock vm 2.1 sense rom (already rooted), and flashed that. phone's working and all's well, but i'm befuddled about the 'file not found' business. i know i backed up everything-it even showed in the recovery bootscreen directory

any thoughts?

edit also maybe worth mentioning; i also partitioned the card w/clmod rom mgr; 2gig card, 512 part, 32mb swap. used cafe's post on rooting w/s-on...finally (followed to the letter). EXCEPT that he never mentioned anything about partitioning...maybe that wasn't necessary?

Peace;
Sox

Upvote 0
My wife's Wildfire S CDMA has the HenseMod 6 working good on her phone now; but I stumbled on it on installing a different way; by downloading the rom onto a different mini sd card, blank, no partitions. Pulled the battery, inserted the new card, boot to rec., wipe data/fac. reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik, flash from sd, and it booted in about 3 minutes...:thinking:
She's pretty happy with it at the moment, and it's been her daily for about 1 1/2 wks now...no bugs to speak of!:D

Maybe you can try it this way and see if it works for you. I can't tell you if it will work on ALL Wildfire S models, but it did on the VM CDMA...
Gonna keep searching for other roms that we can try.

Peace;
Sox

Upvote 0
When you first boot after flashing a new rom, sometimes it does take time. How long do you wait before switching it off? And which rom are you trying to flash?

Hi Caro, Even I have the same problem with my HTC Wildfire s marvel,
I am also stuck at the white screen with htc logo after flashing custom rom (MIUIv4-marvel-2.8.10-odex),
I have waited for 20 minutes and the system doesn't not respond..
I have to manually take out the battery..
go to recovery and restore the old ROM...

I have tried all other custom roms like cm7/9/10 and ak0r-aokp-jb-m1-20121126...
but none of them works all get struck at white screen with htc logo.
please help me..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones