1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC White Screen every time i flash a custom rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Post Reader, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Post Reader

Post Reader Newbie

hi, i have a WFS A510e marvel with S-On, rooted. every time i try to install a custom rom in recovery mode it says that install complete but then stucks on htc white screen and never moves forward. i mailny use to wipe data/reset then wipe cache partition and then wipe dalvik cache and then installing a custom rom.

Any one please guide me on this

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

When you first boot after flashing a new rom, sometimes it does take time. How long do you wait before switching it off? And which rom are you trying to flash?

3. Post Reader

Post Reader Newbie

4. senthamil

senthamil Well-Known Member

Have you made extended, swap partitions on SD Card properly?.
    Also make sure to wipe data, cache partitions then switch off, remove and replace battery then proceed cwm to flash ROM.

5. soxtober05

soxtober05 Android Enthusiast

i had the same problem, early this morning, but i was working with a vm wfs cdma.backed up with BOTH clockworkmod 5.0.2.8, and titanium bu....i even put a copy of the sd card on my pc. flashed the rom from sd, waited about 15-20 before i re-tried flash-each time 'fac reset, part.cache, dalvick...everything. and each time, it said loaded, and then; white screen. was trying to flash the updated miui for the a510e. i figured that, ok, so its not compatible; i'll just flash restore to what i had before...no big loss. selected the backup/restore & tried to execute it, and got 'file not found...CRAP!!! long story short , i located a stock vm 2.1 sense rom (already rooted), and flashed that. phone's working and all's well, but i'm befuddled about the 'file not found' business. i know i backed up everything-it even showed in the recovery bootscreen directory

any thoughts?

edit also maybe worth mentioning; i also partitioned the card w/clmod rom mgr; 2gig card, 512 part, 32mb swap. used cafe's post on rooting w/s-on...finally (followed to the letter). EXCEPT that he never mentioned anything about partitioning...maybe that wasn't necessary?

Peace;
    Sox

6. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Partitioning shouldn't make any difference. My phone has a partition and I flash roms all the time...What I'm wondering is which roms exactly are you trying to flash? Because unfortunately vm is quite difficult and there aren't a lot of available roms out there

7. soxtober05

soxtober05 Android Enthusiast

My wife's Wildfire S CDMA has the HenseMod 6 working good on her phone now; but I stumbled on it on installing a different way; by downloading the rom onto a different mini sd card, blank, no partitions. Pulled the battery, inserted the new card, boot to rec., wipe data/fac. reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik, flash from sd, and it booted in about 3 minutes...:thinking:
    She's pretty happy with it at the moment, and it's been her daily for about 1 1/2 wks now...no bugs to speak of!:D

Maybe you can try it this way and see if it works for you. I can't tell you if it will work on ALL Wildfire S models, but it did on the VM CDMA...
    Gonna keep searching for other roms that we can try.

Peace;
    Sox

8. pankkajk

pankkajk Lurker

Hi Caro, Even I have the same problem with my HTC Wildfire s marvel,
    I am also stuck at the white screen with htc logo after flashing custom rom (MIUIv4-marvel-2.8.10-odex),
    I have waited for 20 minutes and the system doesn't not respond..
    I have to manually take out the battery..
    go to recovery and restore the old ROM...

I have tried all other custom roms like cm7/9/10 and ak0r-aokp-jb-m1-20121126...
    but none of them works all get struck at white screen with htc logo.
    please help me..

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews