• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Widgets

Hi, all. I am rooted and running MikG 2.59. I am wanting to get rid of the HTC widgets. Will it cause problems to uninstall them? I have frozen them on Titanium Backup, but they still show up in the customization menu.

You should be gtg in uninstalling them. Have you ever thought about flashing an AOSP ROM? You wouldn't have to deal w/ HTC widgets.

Upvote 0
Hi, all. I am rooted and running MikG 2.59. I am wanting to get rid of the HTC widgets. Will it cause problems to uninstall them? I have frozen them on Titanium Backup, but they still show up in the customization menu.

if you freeze them and there are no issues with the rom you are on, then they should be safe to delete. but i would make a nandroid backup just in case some issue arises then all you have to do is nandroid restore back.

Upvote 0
O cool. I was running CM7 on another device and some things didn't work properly. I may have to try again. Do I just flash CM7 and gapps? After nanning and wiping of course.

Yup, that's it. You also may need to flash the GPS fix, but you can decide that after you get it running.

Also, just throwing out another option:
The guy in this thread has pre-removed all the sense stuff from a few roms if you want the gps/dialer/messaging/etc from sense without using the sense rosie and widgets.

Reactions: savetheknot
Upvote 0
One last thing I was wondering. If i flash Miui (no 4G) then went back to a ROM w/ 4G (MikG, for example) do i need to do anything special to get 4G back?

You shouldn't have to do anything, no. However, like everyone has been saying, BE SURE you have a nandroid backup with your wimax keys included, just in case.

Reactions: savetheknot
Upvote 0
Yup, that's it. You also may need to flash the GPS fix, but you can decide that after you get it running.

Also, just throwing out another option:
The guy in this thread has pre-removed all the sense stuff from a few roms if you want the gps/dialer/messaging/etc from sense without using the sense rosie and widgets.

The Qualcomm 1.1 driver will have your GPS working better than it ever did on a Sense rom. It's awesome.

Reactions: frenchy714
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones