• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Wildfire - Can't access Market, Email, Internet over 3G, Please Help!

whitey2006

Lurker
May 24, 2011
Hello,

I have just purchased a new unlocked HTC Wildfire handset on Ebay. The default network provider was Vodaphone, and I am now using my Orange sim card in it.

I am able to make calls and texts over 3G network, but unable to browse the internet, android market, emails etc over 3G when I am out which is frustrating. I keep receiving a network not found message.

The features that do not work over 3G all work fine when accessed via WiFi.

I am not sure whether I am being stupid, and need to change a setting (which I have tried), or whether this could be due to the fact the phone is an unlocked Vodaphone phone and is now being used on Orange.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

you have the same fault as me , i think it is the branding , unless you have not put the APN settings in for orange witch you can find on orange site , i have a 3pay branded phone but im trying to use a o2 sim no network or mms

if your wildfire is 2.1 you can root and debrand it you can find how in forums but if its like mine 2.2 it cant be done yet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones