1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Wildfire - Can't access Market, Email, Internet over 3G, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whitey2006, May 24, 2011.

1. whitey2006

whitey2006 Lurker

Hello,

I have just purchased a new unlocked HTC Wildfire handset on Ebay. The default network provider was Vodaphone, and I am now using my Orange sim card in it.

I am able to make calls and texts over 3G network, but unable to browse the internet, android market, emails etc over 3G when I am out which is frustrating. I keep receiving a network not found message.

The features that do not work over 3G all work fine when accessed via WiFi.

I am not sure whether I am being stupid, and need to change a setting (which I have tried), or whether this could be due to the fact the phone is an unlocked Vodaphone phone and is now being used on Orange.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. adzzzz

adzzzz Lurker

you have the same fault as me , i think it is the branding , unless you have not put the APN settings in for orange witch you can find on orange site , i have a 3pay branded phone but im trying to use a o2 sim no network or mms

if your wildfire is 2.1 you can root and debrand it you can find how in forums but if its like mine 2.2 it cant be done yet

3. adzzzz

adzzzz Lurker

iv re-done the anp settings again on my wildfire and its work this time three times i put the same setting in and bingo
    good luck

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews