• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC wildfire cant play angry birds because of "fragmentation?"

I was looking through my HTC wildfire, I really wanted to get "angry birds," but I couldn't find it. I looked on google why this could be, and I finally found out that it was widely agreed that because of "android's fragmentation" I couldnt play the most popular phone game.... thats basically what I found on google

Is this true? I cant play this game because of a fundamental problem with android? I spend hundreds of dollars on this phone, and I cant play what other android phones can play, thats a real problem not with this phone, but with the platform itself.

All iphones can use all iphone apps.... All WP7 devices can play all WP7 apps... however all android phones arent equal?

This phone is better specced than even the old iphone 3g, which can easily play angry birds, so its not a hard ware issue.

Anyways, Im not sure if I can put up with this. I dont know if its the devs fault, or androids fault, but its looking like android is to blame, and I might have to switch to another platform if this is true.

I was looking through my HTC wildfire, I really wanted to get "angry birds," but I couldn't find it. I looked on google why this could be, and I finally found out that it was widely agreed that because of "android's fragmentation" I couldnt play the most popular phone game.... thats basically what I found on google

Is this true? I cant play this game because of a fundamental problem with android? I spend hundreds of dollars on this phone, and I cant play what other android phones can play, thats a real problem not with this phone, but with the platform itself.

All iphones can use all iphone apps.... All WP7 devices can play all WP7 apps... however all android phones arent equal?

This phone is better specced than even the old iphone 3g, which can easily play angry birds, so its not a hard ware issue.

Anyways, Im not sure if I can put up with this. I dont know if its the devs fault, or androids fault, but its looking like android is to blame, and I might have to switch to another platform if this is true.

I'm sorry, iOS only had the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad whilst Android has many other devices, Windows Phone 7 sets a high-standard requirement.

You should've check the phone's specs before you even buy it, HVGA or above is recommended, and this phone is for people who are on budget.

Don't tell me about the iPhone or Windows Phone 7 as they have much higher prices than the HTC Wildfire, so it is not an excuse for not getting a higher-end device.

If Google restricted the specs for Android phones (600 Mhz or above, HVGA or above etc.) There will be no budget smartphones for people who are on budget, which makes smartphone less adoptable by people, thus market share will be lowered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones