• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Wildfire capitalising first two letters

pips1

Lurker
Nov 19, 2010
This issue is driving me mad! I've asked on a couple of other forums and, as yet, nobody knows of a solution.

I use predictive texting. Very often, more often than not in fact, when I begin a new sentence in an SMS (or posting on facebook), the first two letters of the word are capitalised and no matter how many times I backspace and try again, it won't use a lower-case letter.

I've tried going through my dictionary and deleting each and every one of the 'wrong' words it saves...to no avail.

I took a screenshot earlier of a post I made on facebook using my 'phone....

6040857600_f8796d32d1_z.jpg

A friend of mine who has a Samsung Galaxy says her 'phone has the same issue so maybe it's a general Android issue??

Please, does anyone have a solution to this issue?!

You probably have some problems with your user dictionary. Try to delete invalid entries.
Home screen, Menu, Settings, Language and keyboard, Touch Input, User Dictionary.

Thank you for your reply :)

Yep, I've tried that. Someone on another forum has suggested I restore factory settings so I may try that but maybe I will go through and delete the invalid entries from the dictionary again, just in case it works this time!

Upvote 0
I use predictive texting. Very often, more often than not in fact, when I begin a new sentence in an SMS (or posting on facebook), the first two letters of the word are capitalised and no matter how many times I backspace and try again, it won't use a lower-case letter.

This happens sometimes on my Wildfire and i found it's only when I'm typing quickly and the phone is lagging. I can't find any way to fix it other then slowing down for the start of each sentence.

sg20215

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones