1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support HTC Wildfire - factory reset and back up.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Agerkvist, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Agerkvist

Agerkvist Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Had my HTC Wildfire for about a month now and enjoyed it immensely.

I've installed tons of apps and tried as much stuff as I could. Unfortunately now my phone has started restarting at random intervals. Middle of the night, at noon, you never know.

This of course annoys me and I see no other option than to do a factory reset(If anyone has an idea what the cause could be I'd love to hear it.).

But, having spent a month setting everything up just the way I like it, I squirm a bit when thinking about a factory reset. From what I understand all my apps can be redownloaded quite easily from the market - but what about those I didn't get from the market? Sounds like a lot of hassle potentially :/

Also, contacts, gmail/facebook linking, browser bookmarks, settings etc. - is there any way I can save all these for easy installation afterwards?

I'm only thinking of a factory reset because of the restarts and because I feel the phone has become a little sluggish and I don't know what else to do to fix it.

I really hope some of you experienced Android users can help me out :)

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

You can use MyBackup (30-day trial) which pretty much backs up everything. Another alternative you can use is mIQ (backs up everything except settings and applications I believe) and then use EStrongs or Astro File Manager to backup your apps on your SD card.

3. leanne1111

leanne1111 New Member

Jan 3, 2012
    does this backup ur text messages aswell as contacts as im not to bothered about saving anything else just contacts and text messages

4. Bluez0n3

Bluez0n3 New Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Female
    Under the stairs
    I don't know if MyBackup makes those backups, but generally you can backup your contacts to your Gmail account and I use SMS Backup + for text messages. It also works as a backup for call logs.

5. speak2kishore

speak2kishore New Member

Jan 8, 2012
    recovery exicutive
    india
    how to factory reseting in my htc wildfire

6. speak2kishore

speak2kishore New Member

Jan 8, 2012
    recovery exicutive
    india
    hello please teml me