1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

htc wildfire flashplayer

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by mgreinhardt68, May 26, 2011.

1. mgreinhardt68

mgreinhardt68 Lurker
    None

May 26, 2011
    help how can i install flashplayer to watch tvcatchup
    as i even bought a swf app thats supposed to be a flashplayer or something like that but it does not work , but as some get tvcatchup working on their android phones there must be a way
    or is that oly for the wealthy who can spend hundreds of pounds on their phones and acquire a htc desire hd and such and not for people with a htc wildfire

HELP:(

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    AFAIK, the Wildfire does not support Adobe Flash, does not meet minimum specs and will not be upgraded to add support. Also, TVcatchup states that the service is for android 2.2 and up. There may be a hack out there to get it to work, but I can't find one. I saw claims that it worked on the wildfire, but no one explaining how. Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you. Good luck!

3. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I'm afraid Adobe FlashPlayer is not suitable to run on HTC Wildfire. The application has high requirements for CPU, where Wildfire cannot fulfill.
    This is a common issue for all low-end Android phones.

4. heyhoo

heyhoo Newbie
    None

May 26, 2010
    Just use m.tvcatchup.com for the URL as that is an optimised page for the android, and then you will not need flash.

Errr, we do not state that anywhere, by the way I am one of the admin on TVCatchup.

5. mgreinhardt68

mgreinhardt68 Lurker
    None

May 26, 2011
    Thank you for the helpful and quick response
    the mobile tvcatchup does work well
    and my wildfire is running android 2.2

and yes flashplayer is showing the limits of every cpu and gpu , i know as i have a couple old Mac's at home

but i'm new to android and quiet like the operating system , did want first get one of those iPhone clones called hiphone which have a 1 ghz cpu and flashsupport and android too and are cheaper then the wildfire ,but did not trust them to work thats why i got the next best thing the htc wildfire as it got better reviews then some other cheap branded android phones