• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Wildfire Froyo "Installation aborted" trouble please help

akashag

Dec 24, 2010
Hi guys,
I downloaded the update,started the installation after completing 1/4 of the installation it stops and shows an picture of exclamation mark in a triangle and when I press the power button it shows some options and shows:-
"ClockworkMod Recovery v" - In the first line

"E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted" - In the last lines

Redownloaded the update and tried but no luck
Disabled signature check and reinstalled it,got a status 7 error

Brought the phone 2 weeks ago,unbranded and didn't did any rooting kind of thing with it

My current software info:-
Firmware version
2.1-update1
Baseband version
13.45.55.24H_3.35.15.31
Kernel version
2.6.29-c9472fc1
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Tue Aug 10 18:57:37 CST 2010
Build number
1.25.720.1 CL227575 release-keys
Software number

Any ideas what could be going wrong

Thanks

I used the terminal emulator to find out if it is rooted or not and got this result:-
$ $su
# cd /data/app-private
#

At first when it type su and enter,Superuser asked me if I want to allow or deny,
I pressed allow.

When I used deny I got these results:-
$ $su
Permission denied
$ cd /data/app-private
$

Does this means that my phone is rooted?
Cause I didn't root it,is it possible that a phone can be factory rooted

Thanks

Upvote 0
do u have superuser in the menu ?
no company allows their phones to be rooted so there is no such thing as factory root.
try and download a app that requires root like Titanium Backup if it says you dont have root then you should be ok if your rooted you might not be able to install the update.

Upvote 0
ok you wont need install the driver then jsut follow my instruction here :)

ok cool you need to flash with stock rom theres a site here for them but they take forever to download. you need to make a gold card first so your memory card needs to be formated sorry so backup any data on there.
download the gold card program.
ZumoDrive - GoldCardTool_0.0.5.zip

Make sure USB debugging mode is on and charge only mode is selected when you plug the phone in.

Click GET CID in program

then go to this site where it will generate a gold card and send it to your email.

Free HTC android goldcard generator | Phone System Analysis Software - PSAS

download the goldcard from your email and in the program click
LoadGoldCard.img

find the goldcard and click Patch MMC

thats your gold card done now here the easy part :)

Download Froyo ZumoDrive - RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe

Plug phone in and Run the file make sure charge only is on and USB debugging is on

WARNING this will wipe the phone so backup first if it doesnt work and comes up with a Error reply back and i will get it working for you.

Make sure you wait for it to complete and DONT !!!!! take the USB cable out or your phone will be a paperweight.

Reactions: akashag
Upvote 0
But I haven't rooted it,
from the first day I got my phone there was a superuser app in it and I only installed the apps I found on android market.
I bought the phone factory sealed from a retail store,
if a user does not do any rooting kind of thing with the phone then how is it possible that the phone could be rooted?
I am really confused about it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones