• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC wildfire internal memory probs

GroovyClare

Lurker
Jun 14, 2013
I've come across other posts that have similar difficulties as I do, but I'd like to get some advice for my perspective please!

Since I've had my phone I've had constant internal memory problems which are so frustrating because I can't use the 2 apps I really love using my phone for - Dropbox and Yahoo mail, but because they can not be moved to sd card I have had to delete them in order to free up internal memory space.

I frequently delete Caches, browser history, restart phone etc in order to get some use out of at least yahoo, but mail generally tends not to get downloaded if the internal memory is low so some days having yahoo app is useless!

After having a recent clear out, I still have only 15mb approx of internal memory, and at this stage I only have the yahoo mail app on.

Question is, how can I get more internal memory? would love to have enough so I could have dropbox on too! Thanks.

Lack of internal memory is a common problem with people who are "unrooted" i.e. a phone that hasnt been hacked. You can root your device but it will take quite some time and there is a risk of ruining your phone to the extent that it becomes as useful as a brick and you will 100% void your warranty (which shouldnt be a problem if it's already expired)

# Why do you have the yahoo mail app? Setting your email with HTC's default email app should be fine (unless you dont like it, then fair enough).
# Have you tried to delete the data of apps you dont use? Most HTC phones come pre-packed with bloatware - apps you wont ever use. So open us "My applications", and on the tab where you can view all your current apps, select and delete the data from apps you dont use.
# Do you actually use all your apps? If not some of them need to be deleted

http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s.../384695-how-can-i-free-up-space-wildfire.html <- Use this thread, it may help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones