• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Wildfire Problems

Pantera

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
Hey there,

I got my new HTC wildfire as an early christmas present from my wife. I am currently on the Orange UK network and its a pay monthly sim.

Here is the problem, it takes hours for messages to show up on my phone and 99% of the time all voice calls go to voicemail.

Orange has no idea whats wrong since i get full reception. I took the phone back to the place it was purchased from (Phones4U) and they identified no faults with the phone.

So no phone defects and no network problems, why does this happen? i dont get 3G (even though its a 3G sim etc) and it takes hours for text messages to appear on my phone.

This one time i got a text message 48 hours late. The received time said it was 2 days ago, directly after i had sent my message - which is not an issue.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Otherwise i was thinking of jumping ship from Android over to Blackberry since so far this phone has caused nothing but headache.

Hey there,

I got my new HTC wildfire as an early christmas present from my wife. I am currently on the Orange UK network and its a pay monthly sim.

Here is the problem, it takes hours for messages to show up on my phone and 99% of the time all voice calls go to voicemail.

Orange has no idea whats wrong since i get full reception. I took the phone back to the place it was purchased from (Phones4U) and they identified no faults with the phone.

So no phone defects and no network problems, why does this happen? i dont get 3G (even though its a 3G sim etc) and it takes hours for text messages to appear on my phone.

This one time i got a text message 48 hours late. The received time said it was 2 days ago, directly after i had sent my message - which is not an issue.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Otherwise i was thinking of jumping ship from Android over to Blackberry since so far this phone has caused nothing but headache.

It's nothing to do with having Android or Blackberry etc. You've either got a faulty handset (never trust Phones4U to give you an honest opinion), take it somewhere else for a 2nd opinion, or you're getting a very poor Orange signal.

Upvote 0
hey i got my HTC Wildfire less than 6 months ago and it takes ages for the messages to show up and take ages to load when its been turned off. It also comes up that the application cannot load alot and the screen goes black and i cannot do anything. It dosent always let me answer calls aswell, this problem occurs in my two friends phones to. i am on orange but my phone seems to lack signal, this does not happen to family members on the same network but different phones.

what can i do to end this ? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones