1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Wildfire S bootloader unlocking

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by francvs, Jan 8, 2016.

1. francvs

francvs Newbie

I'm using a HTC Wildfire S as a spare phone, but I've found that I can do very little without unlocking its bootloader. Some of my tries at unlocking the bootloader have failed because Windows Update won't supply the drivers needed: Windows Update doesn't like the Windows 7 the dealer installed on my second-hand laptop. Is there any software for unlocking my phone's bootloader that doesn't require drivers from Windows Update? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

CafeKampuchia likes this.
  3. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

I can't believe somebody is still using a Wildfire S! More power to you, bro.

Read the section of this guide called "If you cannot get the connection to work." If that doesn't work, post back.

El Presidente, scary alien and Hadron like this.
  4. francvs

francvs Newbie

Under Settings>About phone on my Wildfire S, there's no "Build number". Thanks.

5. francvs

francvs Newbie

Also, wiki.cyanogenmod.org:81/w/Howto:_Install_the_Android_SDK isn't an available webpage anymore. Thanks.

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

7. James L

James L Android Expert

Correct there is no need to tap on the build number in Android 2.3.5 or less... Settings, applications, development, USB debugging.

As far as the drivers issue, that's easy. If you haven't got it post a reply.