• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc wildfire screen won't turn on

I need help with my htc wildfire. The phone works as normal but the screen won't turn on. I have taken out the battery and put it back, but still the same issue. it turns on ,recieve calls and text but the screen won't turn on. pls help.

Hi Alphaola,

Did u play any games that werent suitable for ur fone??

Were u messing with the pin lock for sim card?

If u did plz respond asap.

HTCHelpPerson.:D

Upvote 0
hello friends . I have a similar problem. My phone works well, but when I tray to call someone the screen turns off and I have to wait until someone calls me so that it again starts to work (the screen I mean)
I will be very grateful if you help me with this problem, I trust your experience :)

Upvote 0
I had the Alltell version of the HTC wildfire for three days and my gf was playing ant smasher on it and it froze up. It would not respond to the charger or the power button. I couldn't find anything about it on these forums so I figured it out myself. If you hold down the volume button, the power button and that little circle button at the bottom center of the phone (alltell version only) your phone will reboot. The problem is that the ROM drives are not large enough to allow this extremly small computer to run for a long period of time. I would suggest to allow your phone to turn off at least once every 24 hours.

Upvote 0
New to this forum but I was having similar problems until now :D

I use the little power management widget and I try to conserve as much battery as possible so I set my screen brightness to its minimum. When I lock my screen it won't come back on. After scratching my head and countless Google searches I set my screen brightness, using the widget, to its middle setting and hey presto the screen comes back on. When I set it back to minimum the screen stays off.

This fixed mine but I'm not sure if it's the underlying cause but it seems to be working fine now. Hope this helps or at least leads to a permanent solution.

Reactions: rosswatt1979
Upvote 0
New to this forum but I was having similar problems until now :D

I use the little power management widget and I try to conserve as much battery as possible so I set my screen brightness to its minimum. When I lock my screen it won't come back on. After scratching my head and countless Google searches I set my screen brightness, using the widget, to its middle setting and hey presto the screen comes back on. When I set it back to minimum the screen stays off.

This fixed mine but I'm not sure if it's the underlying cause but it seems to be working fine now. Hope this helps or at least leads to a permanent solution.

Thanks for this information,it worked a treat!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones