1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Htc wildfire stuck in htc screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Killa786, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

Hey guys, My first post on here so sorry for the newbie questions :)

I have searched this site and many others for a solution to my problem but nothing has worked forcing me to ask here.

I have a HTC Wildfire which I found at my sisters house and took it to use as a second phone. I know the phone was rooted to the cyanogen 7 software but every time I turned it on it would say no sim card inserted even though there was a sim card inserted already. I cleaned the sim card and also vacuumed the small pins where the sim sits in, but still no luck.

After a couple of tries when I restarted he phone it is now stuck on the HTC screen I have searched for numerous methods but non are working. I have also tried rebooting from the boot screen but still no joy.

I have tried installing different version and what not but still nothing.
    I know the phone is pretty much out of date now but of liked it running as a second phone rather than let it gather dust.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that I do??

Would be a shame to chuck the phone away.

All help will be very much appreciated.
    And excuse the newbieness.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

How about get a new SD card and try to see if the SD card is messed up . if not just try the stock Ruu to return phone back to stock and see if SD card works if so maybe a file was missing to activate the thumb drive

3. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

Hey BRAINZ2013 thanks for your reply, I've tried two different memory cards now and still nothing. I can't seem to get it to work properly.

Every time I install from zip file it install everything but coming to boot it just stays on the HTC screen. I know its on CWM so I've got roms for that but still having no luck.

Not 100% sure if I'm doing it right, but followed all the instructions carefully and not missed a thing out??

4. BRAINZ2013

Have you tried to update the clockworkmod that would be the reason it won't flash the recovery is out dated

5. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

Hey, I've tried updating the clockwork mod but still no luck. I've done everything I can with a memory card but no luck and also tried connecting it to my pc but again no luck as the phone only stays on the htc screen.

6. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

I've tried installed the rom from clockworkmod.com but every time I install the file from .zip it says that its been successful , but go to reboot device and just goes back to the bootloader screen :(
    I'm not sure on what else I can do guys, or is this the last of the phone?

Here is a screenshot of the bootloader screen.

Attached Files:

7. BRAINZ2013

Can I ask is the clockworkmod up to date and how did you perform a ROM install
    What would you like to do I can get you back to stock to reroot if you like.or try to get a new cm ROM on it maybe cm11 .
    Are you sure this is a HTC wildfire and not wildfire s

8. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

Thanks for your reply, the current version on the phone is cwm v4.0.1.4
    I have downloaded a couple of roms from a couple of websites and followed the instructions given online. Copying the .zip file into a memory card and then going into recovery mode ect.
    To be honest I'm not fussed about having it rooted again just want it to make and receive calls and get the basic android stuff. But not really fussed anything will do as long as it works.

If you can help me get it back to working, I would very much appreciate it. :)

9. BRAINZ2013

O OK clockworkmod is old 4.0 it should be 6. Now who is the carrier its on

10. BRAINZ2013

O you may need to get a clockwork image updated and that will allow updates to radio and ROMs . it will take some work and time . also is this a wildfire s or wildfire buzz or just a wildfire

11. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

It's unlocked but I would like to use a Lebara sim, when the phone did turn on it kept on saying no sim inserted even though there was a sim already in. I tried it a few times with different sims but still kept on saying the same, and then wont turn on again after that. Just stays on the HTC screen since then.

And I'm sure its just a wildfire and not wildfire s but could be wrong.

12. BRAINZ2013

Are you shore your a HTC wildfire . the s or buzz are different models

13. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

From the top of my head when the phone was bought brand new, my sister went for the htc wildfire just after it came out. On the boot screen it says: BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF

I'm assuming its only a wildfire from that too.
    Is there any other way I can find out to be sure?

14. BRAINZ2013

I got it give me a few minutes I post the ruu for you to put back to factory . reason I think you wound need to start over is that its a better custom recovery for you called TWRP . safe and easy to use . and if I can see anything better as a ROM other than KitKat I post all of them

Killa786 likes this.
  15. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

Thanks, hope it all goes well and the phone works again.

16. BRAINZ2013

The phone works . what are you talking about

17. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

I can't make no calls or anything off it can I?

18. BRAINZ2013

You can make calls when you enable the data with the carrier with the payment and they issue a sims card to insert into the device . but you said it works what are you talking about .

19. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

Yes but at the moment the phone is always stuck on the HTC screen every time I turn it on, so not really working is it

20. BRAINZ2013

Follow the URL thread I provided and let's get you making calls and able to explore the system and use the apps .

21. BRAINZ2013

Did it work

22. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

Having problems with the process monitor, can't seem to find the ruu file to filter it?

23. BRAINZ2013

You didn't do it manual I see

24. Killa786

Killa786 Newbie

Following the manual on the link you sent me. It says to extract rom.zip from the ruu file with process monitor. But can't seem to find the ruu file on there.

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews