1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC won't go past startup screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by codezer0, Jan 3, 2015.

1. codezer0

codezer0 Android Enthusiast

Hey all,

in-laws provided this HTC to me in hopes of getting it fixed. It's no longer their primary phone as they since upgraded to something more modern, I understand it, so the hope/objective is to be able to get this one fixed and restored in functionality so that at least my fiancee can use it in place of their current flip phone that is just... very, very old, and unable to find even replacements, much less a replacement battery for.

However, all I really know about it is that it is an HTC, and despite being for Verizon Wireless, it actually has a SIM card slot. That's about it that I know of for it. Maybe someone can help ID what it is and help bring this to the correct forum for some help? At the moment hitting the "factory reset" option does nothing but then "trying to contact verizon wireless" and failing, and looping back to that white screen again ad infinitum.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. codezer0

Another shot - from the back, with the model number if that helps. I thought CDMA phones like Verizon and Sprint didn't use SIM cards?

Attached Files:

3. codezer0

And this is basically all I can get with it on start-up.

And at least from what little I know of them, its prior owner was definitely not tech savvy enough to be messing with root or anything of the sort. They haven't even bothered to root their current phone for that matter.

Attached Files:

4. Noob_user

Noob_user Newbie
    None

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    hey man
    i have same problem .
    please tell me what did u do to fix it?

5. Guru82

Guru82 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 24, 2012
    Hi,
    I used to own a HTC and indeed came across a something similar from memory.
    There is a trick with an sdcard. Make a GoldCard and use misc_version_universal to change your ROM using a RUU of another provider... or something like that :D

Think your phone is the HTC Incredible 2 Verizon... thanks to google "VIVO_W XA".
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f486/all-htc-roms-here-1565600/#post8921445
    I would try the "RUU_VIVO_ICS_35_S_HTC_WWE_4.10.405.1_Radio_20.74.3 0.0833U_3831.18.00.11_M"
    Found the link to that RUU here: http://d-h.st/7UC

Good luck with it.