1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC won't mount to my Windows

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bp_e11even, Jan 6, 2010.

1. bp_e11even

bp_e11even Newbie

Today I tried to upload some of my pictures by plugging the phone into my computer using the USB cable. When I drag down the notifications screen and click mount, it mounts as usual but when I refresh My Computer, the phone isn't being displayed. I have done this a few times before, but just now it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried resetting the phone and it still won't show up in My Computer. Anyone know what's wrong here?

I'm running Windows 7 on a HP TouchSmart

2. Haizum74

Haizum74 Guest

What happens if you just leave it a minute or two? I never had to refresh anything for it to show

3. bp_e11even

bp_e11even Newbie

Been plugged in and mounted for 20 minutes now.. still nothing and when I refresh, still nothing.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Using the same USB port each time? If not, try connecting to the one that previously worked. If you are, then try rebooting the PC then connect the handset to a different USB port.

5. EmAzY

EmAzY Newbie

6. EmAzY

EmAzY Newbie

I tried the steps given on google fix... same freakin problem...

7. pspbricker

pspbricker Member

Did you install an update for an Android interface in windows? I did, and had the same problem as you.Unplug Hero, Uninstall the driver, plug Hero in, and when Windows tries to install via Windows update (ADP driver or something) hit cancel and install My HTC Hero manually. Also, hit menu, settings, applications, developement and enable USB debugging.

8. EmAzY

EmAzY Newbie

Ic ill try that. Ty

9. where is the mount button? i can't find it on the notifications bar

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews