1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Htc wont turn on after a root failiur

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by junaidremark, Aug 21, 2012.

1. junaidremark

junaidremark Lurker

HELP ME out PLZ ... my desire HD screen TURNs BLACK AFTER 2 OR 3 SECOND OF BOOTING LOOP ... i tried to do factory reset but its wont work any thing ..... what to do ... boot failiur ..... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Hello and welcome junaidremark - thanks for joining! :)

Let's see if we can sort you out!!

Could you let us know how you tried to root?Was it with the AAHK? Did you have top downgrade first? How far along the process did you get?

scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

you could also tell us all the info on your hboot screen,and the software build number you were on prior to this,if you know it. if not,are y ou branded or unbranded? who is your carrier and what part of the world are you in?

D-U-R-X likes this.
  4. kool8522

kool8522 Lurker

My phone got stuck on white htc screen, i rooted it by using aahk first it downgrade n then using primo-s i rooted it to ICS, but becoz of camera issue i i again click on hack kit of aahk it start downgrading again n then i accidently remove usb cable, now bootloader works but there is no rom in sdcard i wipe all data n its on factory restore, n device is not being connected to pc, n cant put files on sdcard externally becoz it says write-procted... help me plz...

5. ral

ral Android Expert

Okay, AAHK is only meant to be use twice really. One when you root and obtain S-Off. The next time is if you plan to un-root. In between, no need for it really.

If you want to change ROM best advice is to make a back-up, do a full wipe and flash the new ROM.

Go into Hboot see if you see S-OFF. It is a matter of what to flash I think.

Could check this again. The primo-s zip file should still be there even if you did a factory reset and wiped all data. Unless you also formatted your SDcard.

You can do this by going into recovery.

kool8522, scotty85 and D-U-R-X like this.
  6. kool8522

kool8522 Lurker

sorry formated the sdcard....

7. ral

ral Android Expert

I am not sure if it is possible to push a ROM into the MicroSD Card at this stage. At least, I would not know how to do it.

"n device is not being connected to pc, n cant put files on sdcard externally becoz it says write-procted"

Maybe try putting a ROM in a new or borrowed MicroSD card and flash it? The Primo S one you previously downloaded should be fine. We can look for a more suitable ROM for you once the phone is working.

If your phone is carrier locked, you may have to switch back to the old MicroSD card after flashing.

Also, could you provide this info?

Check back in here before you flash. Maybe best we do this step by step.

scotty85 likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews