1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC10 just made every notification a high priority?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gadgetron94, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Gadgetron94

Gadgetron94 Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2017
    So I used to love the various priorities my HTC10 had provided (automatically?) to notification. Texts, missed calls and voicemails would flash the noti light and vibrate, Instagram would do a little voot voot with no light, and everything else the same but quicker.
    Starting last week though? Everything vibrates every five minutes and turns the noti light on. I'm going mad everytime I see what should be important turn out to be someone liked my photo or sent me a message through a less important app. Heck even game notifications are high priority now. Please guys, I can't live like this, how do I fix it or better yet set my own priorities??

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Have you had a system update?

If not then the obvious guess is that somehow your settings got accidentally cleared. Are you sure you can't just set them up again? Or might you have installed or changed something that interfered with this? When something changes suddenly the first question is what else changed before that began?

3. Gadgetron94

Gadgetron94 Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2017
    Well that's the thing, I never set it up to do that in the first place. It did the notifications the way I liked from the beginning and I don't know how to take control of them to this degree. Yes there was a recent update, however it hadn't been installed by the time it changed. It had been bugging me to install it but I hadn't. In fact I installed the update afterwards to see if it was there was a bug to be fixed. Nothing.

Edit1: I doubt it's an app update either since every app changed. Anything to do with Google and the layout of it changed quite a bit, that's the only suspicious change there was unless a system update can take effect before I give the go ahead to install it.

#3 Gadgetron94, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  4. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Sorry I'm on an older HTC device, but let's give this a shot. Hopefully I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Try going into:
    Settings -> Sound & Notification -> Interruptions
    Does this menu exist on the 10?

On older versions of Sense this has been the place to look. Also on older versions of Android/Sense these settings are accessible on a sneaky on screen menu when you bump the volume rocker. Hit the volume rocker up or down and below the volume slider you may see the words 'none' 'priority' and 'all'

Looks vaguely like this:
    [​IMG]

You may have bumped it accidentally from 'All' to 'Priority' or something like that?

I also see on the 10, as it shipped, there is sometimes a Quick Setting in the sub-notification tray (pull down notification tray, pull down again for quick settings). The Quick Setting may say Alarm Only or some such. Looks like just another way to put the device in Do Not Disturb Mode. (this might not be applicable in this case, but a good note)

Another good place to look might be Settings -> Accessibility -> Notification Reminder

#4 PyroSporker, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017

HTC 10

The HTC 10 is a flagship smartphone by the Taiwanese company. Announced April 12th and available May 2016, the HTC 10 features a full metal unibody design with unique chamfered edges. It was the world's first device with optical image stabilization on both the front and rear cameras.