1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC_ime Keyboard mod

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bossman82011, Aug 31, 2011.

1. bossman82011

bossman82011 Lurker

hi i was wondering if anyone knew how to install an htc_ime keyboard on the photon 4g i've been trying to for about 45 minutes but the keyboard just wont pop up. are there any sites you could link me to.?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

I've got some qualifying questions, before I can give you any really good feedback on what might be happening:

1) Did you install an apk from somewhere or was it an app from the market?2) Did you check the language & keyboard settings on the phone to make sure that the keyboard installed? (It would show on the list of keyboards).
    3) Did you long press on an area for messaging (text, email, wherever you would use the keyboard) and select the input method to be that keyboard?

3. bossman82011

bossman82011 Lurker

yes, I did all of those

4. drexappeal

Okay, but where did you get the apk? Was this an app in the app market or an apk you found somewhere?

If you found the apk somewhere, can you post the link where?

5. drexappeal

6. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

I installed the HTC keyboard and the clicker apk, selected the HTC_IME mod from the language and keyboard settings, and finally long-pressed a text area and chose the HTC_IME mod for the input method.

I tried typing but the keyboard wouldn't pop up, I then switched to Touchpal Keyboard or Swype and could type with no problems.

I read the XDA HTC_IME thread and it stated you needed a compatible CPU, so that may be an issue, I don't know.

P.S.
    I only tried the hi-res version, not the other one.

drexappeal likes this.
  7. HDRBYRTG

HDRBYRTG Newbie

This may be a dumb question, but did you try and do a reboot?

8. bossman82011

bossman82011 Lurker

Hmm I did all of those and nothing worked.. I just downloaded smart keyboard and used the htc skin

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews