1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC_IME Rezound Keyboard On The Gnex

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nashdroid, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Android Expert
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    Entertainer/Music Artist
    Nashville, TN
    I seem to have found the htc_ime.apk for the HTC Rezound. Here is the link:HTC_IME.apk - rezound-completestock-deodexed - A Collection of Roms made for the HTC Rezound by dmeadows013 - Google Project Hosting Just view the raw file and it will start the download. I downloaded it to my Gnex, but the install fails. Not sure what needs to be done, but this Rezound version of the Sense keyboard may simply just not work with Ice Cream Sandwich. However, there may be someone here who is better with this stuff than I am who could get it to work. Because it is definitely the correct resolution (720p). We just need to get it to work. Any brilliant geniuses know how to get it to work on the Nexus?

Advertisement

2. Mikey P

Mikey P Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    SALES
    GOOSE CREEK, SC
    I'll stick to the stock ICS keyboard, it is AMAZING!!!

3. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Android Expert
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    Entertainer/Music Artist
    Nashville, TN
    Yes, it IS amazing if you are a qwerty texter. I, however, am a T9 texter. So, the stock keyboard doesn't work for me. I'm currently using Smart Keyboard but it is a far cry from the HTC_IME keyboard I've used on other devices and that my wife has installed on her Epic 4G Touch. Surely someone will eventually get this working for those of us who use T9 to text still.

4. Premium1

None

Dec 3, 2011
    t9? People still used that? I thought that died out with feature phones. You have the individual letters there is no way t9 is faster.

5. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Android Expert
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    Entertainer/Music Artist
    Nashville, TN
    I text one-handed. Can you text one-handed on a full-qwerty keyboard? Also, I am extremely fast on T9. Sure, it may be time for me to update to a new method, but that isn't what this thread is about. Moving on.

Tags: