• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HtcDesire wont turn on or charge

Hello, I'm fairly new to this group, and not sure where to go for help. So I've got the new HTC Desire Eye(E1) and last night it died, then the following morning I went to charge it. The light came on but no charging display. So I figured the battery was drained. So I connected it to the original charger, still nothing. No display. And also I cannot complete a hard reset due to phone being set on "Fast boot-up" and so I cannot change that due to the fact I cannot turn it on. The phone is only 2 months old. Any help would be appreciated. Never had problems with it before. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah, that's a very different device from the one this subforum discusses (the 2010 Desire), so the best place would be http://androidforums.com/forums/htc-desire-eye.2891/. I'll ask one of the moderators to move the post.

If you can't turn it on at all then the fast boot up feature won't make any difference. Otherwise a full shut down and restart (press and hold power button for 10-20 seconds until it restarts) should let you into recovery - force a restart that way then press volume down once it shuts down & hold it until it loads the bootloader.

I'd try leaving it on charge for a while, in case you have deeply depleted the battery (the charger only charges the battery, doesn't power the phone, so if really depleted you won't be able to power up until is at least slightly charged). If that doesn't work then try forcing a reset as I described above (or just pull the battery out for a couple of minutes if it is removable, but I'm guessing not). If it will boot then fine, if you can get it into the bootloader but not boot then try a reset, and let us know if that doesn't do it. If you cannot get any response even after charging overnight then it's time to claim for a repair under warranty.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones