• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC's stock mail app - almost perfect

Displacedmic

Mar 26, 2011
So I recently started from scratch with my Evo 4g - new Rom, new SDcard new everything. I have been using K9 mail after spending about 1 minute with the stock mail app back when I got my device.

After I starting over I gave it (and the gmail app) another try and wow - i am extremely impressed! I prefer both over k9 as it stands now.

My favourite is actually the Gmail app but i have an exchange account that i am required to check for work so i have to use something else in conjuction. This is a bummer as i don't really like having 2 email apps running... however i recently learned how to set up my gmail account as an exchange account and push on the stock HTC mail app and now i think i am going to that route exclusively.

However I like having the subjects and senders listed in the taskbar notifications but i have yet to figure out how to turn that on in the Mail app. This is a feature that is integrated nicely into both the gmail app and in K9. HTC mail just says "New mail" and lists the account name and how many unread messages you have.
Am I overlooking a checkbox somewhere?

HTC has done a terrific job w/ their stock app and I am sure they will continue to improve - i am excited about the conversation threading option they have included for example but i would like to be able to see the emails as they come in.

/nitpicking

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones