• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTCSense.com...anyone got it ALL working yet?

AT LAAASSSSSTTTT !!!

Thread starter here...just to report that all my HTCSense goodies are finally up and running.

Thanks to "anneatkins" I just sync'd a bunch of times and all seems to be running fine now. I dunno if it makes a difference but when trying before I was connected to my home network and so was the PC I was on HTCSense.com with. I'm up and running with my netbook on a "3" MiFi and my DHD on Vodafone's HSDPA.

Anyway, me happy..............lol

Upvote 0
I could use some help with this. I had a Sense account, it didn't work so i deleted it and created a new one. Now I'm trying to verify my phone on the website and its not finding it. I have gone into the setup and it says i'm signed in to sense. i've tried going to the website on my phone and sign in that way and it won't.....any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Finally got all of mine working.

The clincher for me was that within Settings>Accounts & Sync I had disabled Auto-sync in an effort to save battery power. I had however ran through each and every component and setup the sync intervals I wished the phone to adhere to.

I figured that the above would be enough for Sense to work correctly, but it seems this was not the case, prior to me enabling Auto-sync I was getting on some functionality (Ring was working, Contacts have been synced, some Messages), and other portions were just flat out refusing to work (Location, Lock, Erase), this is despite manually forcing the phone to sync on a number of occasions, and having deleted the account off of my phone and recreating it.

To summarise:

-Enable Auto-Sync & Background data and do a Sync All.
-Enable location.
-Pray.

Worked for me, maybe it will work for you?

Upvote 0
Thank you THE HOFF. You should work at HTC cause this is what the tech support said to me
"The first step is to sign in to your HTCSense.com account on your phone. From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > HTC Sense. Follow the onscreen instructions to sign up for your HTCSense.com account. Then, go back to the Home screen, press MENU > Settings > Location. Select the Phone finder check box. To view the device

Upvote 0
Mine was working but then I was playing around trying delete some pre installed footprints, Big Ben etc and got fed up with it all not working so deleted my sense account. Got everything working again.

Here is how I did it.

1.Delete HTC sense account from www.htcsense
2.Delete HTC sense sync account from phone.
3. Create new htc sense account online ( I used existing email addy)
4.Confirmation email is sent to email address. Click on url in email.
5. Close down the first www.htcsense window and keep only the new one open
6.Add new sense account to sync on phone and follow instructions
7. After it has synced, sync it again.
8. About 10 ins later everything works fine

Things to note. Check your account online and ensure you phone number is correct and formatted correctly with correct country codes etc.

Also if you do manage to select the Reinstall Locations App from Settings-->Location then you might find that after re-installing, the standard HTC footprints duplicate. Nice one. Great testing there. Reinstall 3-4 times to ensure you have 4 footprints of Big Ben or the Statue of Liberty, just in case 1 is not enough. Go back into the locations tab and delete the footprints from there.

To find your phone you need GPS service on and then it should be fine. Its quite accurate and mien was spot on within at least 5m.

Also if the ring phone works then technically its all sync'd up. I sent a sms to myself from sense to push something through same theory as pinging.

Not to sure how this would work if the phone was stolen or lost, because without GPS signal you can’t locate your phone, so if a would be thief turns the gps off then no location or am I missing something else?

Does the same go for sending SMS and locking phone? What happens if the SIM is removed and replaced with another? Can you still wipe the phone as its uses the serial number?

Cheers

Lee

Upvote 0
Right. So mine's working now. After reading the above couple of posts I checked all my sync settings etc and, yes, I'd turned off auto-sync. But I tried to manually sync after getting a GPS lock and the only thing that happened was I got htc club details. I then deleted the htc sense account from my phone then re-created it. It all then started working. The only thing that is possibly not is the messaging. I have several texts on my phone that haven't appeared on the web site BUT these were all sent/received before htc sense was working.

Just tested more texts: it would appear that texts that were sent before you got the sync working do not appear. I've sent several since getting it working and they all show up.

Seems a little *slow* in loading your contacts whenever you go to that page though. I would have thought that the only time it would be slow is if it was still uploading from your phone.

hey ho ... at least mine's working now. I'd advise deleting/re-installing the HTC Sense account on the phone and sync'ing whilst having a gps fix.

Dave

Upvote 0
Just ported my number over from o2 to tmobile so i was able to set this up. Not a single thing works at the moment. It says that phone finder is off on my phone but it clearly is not, it was the first thing i turned off. Stupid to let this go public with so many issues. Going to wait it out and see what happens, not much else i can do.

Upvote 0
Or... you could read the above 3/4 posts for some help?

Why do you assume that I have not done that?

Anyway, Managed to ring the phone today and all my contacts are synced. Nothing else though, it still assumes that Phone Finder is disabled and therefore wont let anything else work. Shame really, would have been nice to use it straight out of the box. Hopefully they get their arses into gear and fix this program.

Upvote 0
I can't access htcsense.com on my phone, it just stays on the loading screen, however all contacts/messages seem to be there when I access the site on a computer. Any ideas?

Why would you want to access the site on your phone? The site is only there to show what is on your phone in the first place.

The website isn't accessible from your phone for a reason anyway, use a computer.........;)

Edit: I only just noticed that the GPS on your phone can be turned on remotely for a better fix............COOL !!! Dunno whether it was doing the sync on the phone or trying to update the location on the site but one way or another, GPS got switched on.....lol

Upvote 0
I honestly don't know.. I just tried to update the website for a better fix on my location (was about 100metres out) and I re-sync'd on the phone at the same time and when I looked back at it again, the GPS icon was flashing away trying to get a fix. I certainly hadn't turned it on so I assumed it must have been something that HTCSense had done. I always keep GPS off unless I need it to save on battery.

Weeeeiiirrd !!!!!

Reactions: leeleelee
Upvote 0
Everything is working now, brilliant stuff. Just had to turn on the GPS and re-sync to get my location to show. Got it right down to the street im on. Going to try it with GPS off now and see what happens.

EDIT: Looks like you need the internet on to get the phone to ring/lock, thats a bit shit, Nothing works until i stick on the internet.

Upvote 0
I can confirm (confirmed by above) that you have to have a data connection active but get on the site, go to the dashboard and hit "refresh location" above the map to see the GPS on your phone automatically activate.

Kinda cool that it makes it easier to find itself.

Now, if they'll just give the Desire an HTCSense update, I can spy on the wife...........lol

Upvote 0
Your DHD has to be connected to the net in order for some of HTCSense.com features to work (basically everything under dashboard).

I've managed to test everything and it all works (I didn't try erasing the phone). But as many have reported before, not everything works all the time. Sometimes it locates my phone correctly, sometimes it doesn't.

BTW, HTC Likes is down ATM (or is it just me?). I can browse apps on HTCSense.com but the application on DHD can't connect to servers (error shows up).

Upvote 0
Just tried the GPS think mentioned two posts above, if you have the net on and hit the refresh location button on htcsense.com the GPS on the phone enables itself. A very good feature, impressed by that.

Everything seems to be up and running, despite early teething problems, happy about that. Just hope that when i actually need to use it, it doesn't fail on me.

Upvote 0
Been registered on the site for a month now.
This is what has been working or not working for me

Steps I've gone through
-registered from phone
-everything showing on my htcsense.com, dashboard messages people htc hub, just didn't sync with my phone (ie I can see contents from HTC Hub, but not being able to 'send to phone', and cant find phone, no messages and people actually showing on the site)
-delete account
-register from the site (using a different email add)
-the top bar is gone, can't see the options anymore (dashboard messages people etc)
-only shows the page on dashboard (still can't find phone)
-ring the phone work, not locking the phone
(one day later)
-keep syncing, eventually locked the phone, but doesn't ring from the site anymore
-displayed a map but phone location 'as of: unknown'

I'm going completely mad. I don't understand how to fix this at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones