1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General htcsense.com

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alanbingham27, Nov 23, 2011.

1. alanbingham27

alanbingham27 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Anytime I use htcsense.com and try to find my phone or make it ring nothing ever happens. It always displays the following message -

We did not receive the location from your device. It may be switched off, not connected to the network or the service may be busy at this time. Please try again later

Does anyone else have an issue with this site? I haven't lost my phone am just interested to see the website in action in case I ever do lose my phone.

Advertisement

2. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CAD
    leeds uk
    hi there,

goto menu>settings>location and make sure use gps satellites and phone finder are checked.

also before it will work you have to log in to htc sense through your mobile at least once.

from signing up it took about a week for it to work properly, but it now connects straight away when i try

3. molibdimum

molibdimum Member
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    I couldn't find HTC Sense on my phone but I managed to connect to Sense.com via the HTC Hub app.

Although Sense.com is ok I would recommend the ''Prey'' app to anyone wanting a solution for missing phones.

4. redmelons

redmelons Member
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Same here. It did work for me in August, but last week I left my phone at work and I went to htcsense.com to check, but it told me it couldn't find my phone. I drove to work and there it was on my desk, good signal, wireless on, gps on.

I've got the phone next to me now with everything turned on and htcsense.com is still telling me it can't find my phone - good job I can :)

'Where's My Droid' has always worked well for me.

5. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CAD
    leeds uk
    its not on your phone as such, you have to log in through the browser on your phone at htcsense.com before it will work,

i have also tried seek droid and that works quite well.

there are a few more options also.