• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTCsense questions

Hey, I just got this phone.

I'm confused about the HTC sense thing. From my understanding, it does two things
1. GUI related modifications/improvements
2. Links your phone with a HTC sense account for backup, phone tracking, etc.

I assume the first function is impossible to 'turn off'?

Regarding the second function, I was thinking of using SeekDroid or Prey. Is there anything that HTC sense does which is really special, or am I good to not bother with a HTC sense account and just stick with those other apps?

The other thing is, is there any way to un-install all those default apps that come with the phone? Stuff like facebook, stock, etc. I'll never use and it's just cluttering my apps list >.<

To be honest the HTC Sence phone finder thing isnt all that good.

It does the usual,

Location,
Make phone Ring
Lock phone with message

The website it down half of the time, It says it can't locate my phone most of the time when my phone knows where it is. Usually things takes ages to come through. I locked my phone to test the service, It took around 5 mins from sumbitting on the website for it to acually lock. Apparently it's a push update service, for me it doesn't seem to work to well. I still use it though, it does work, and saves more 3rd party apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones