• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTCSync and Outlook on PC issue..

westtexas

Lurker
Oct 14, 2009
So I keep all my calendar and contacts on my Outlook on my PC, and used to sync those with my Winphone. But after installing HTCsync last night, HTCsync will not see any options in Outlook (contacts, calendar...). It only sees some contact list that has never been used, I think Outlook Express. Via the Manual Sync config, the drop down menus show no options for the Outlook contacts or calendar.

Running Vista Pro, and latest Outlook on the PC.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.....

I also use Outlook. I did the same with HTC sync. It not only didn't sync all of them, but it left parts of contacts out and did wierd stuff.

I found a work around through Google that has turned out to be better!

You can download Google sync and it will sync your calendar in Outlook automatically with your new Google calendar and your calendar on the phone. I can add a calendar event to my phone, Google calendar or Outlook calendar and within a few minutes its on all 3!

I imported my contacts into Gmail after exporting them to an Excel file. Now I change/add contacts in Google or on my phone. Its not perfect, because this does't sync back to Outlook. Any ideas, I'm all ears.

I have my HTC sync to basically just charge it now.

This is not with an MS Exchange Server. Don't know how that works.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
All I want to do is save my Hero phone contacts on my PC. I don't want to sync with GMail because then my phone winds up with all sorts of email addresses and other junk.

So I created an Outlook 2003 account on my PC, and tried to back up my Hero phone contacts to Outlook using HTC Sync. For some reason, only three cell phone contacts backed up to Outlook.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Frank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones