• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTCsync help

csrdiackid

Lurker
Apr 23, 2011
Ok so I just got my inspire. I downloaded HTCsync but it says no device connected or it
starts updating the files then freezes. The the comp says "desire Jr not responding"...huh. I have tried installing and installing. I'm running windows 7 on a laptop. I want to root.but need htcsync to work right?

Maybe something happened to the usb drivers during the install. I had that problem and went to the htc site and was able to install the drivers from there.

Another thing do you have the device with usb debugging turned on and the phone in htc sync mode?
To turn usb debugging on, menu-settings -applications -development-usb debugging checked.

Then when plugged into the pc drag the notification bar down to see how the phone is connected (usb charging, htc sync, disk drive etc.) If it says charging tap that to change it a list of options will show up. In order for sync to recognize it the phone must be in htc sync mode

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones