1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTCSync no longer detects my DesireZ

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brjlk, Aug 29, 2011.

1. brjlk

brjlk Newbie

Everything worked smoothly with Sync. Then HTCSync no longer detects my phone. I tried that on 2 XP PCs & 1 Vista PC. The phone is still not detected.

I brought my phone to the dealer. It was detected on his laptop. Why is it not detected on my 3 PCs?

John

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Tried reinstalling HTC Sync? Sometimes though the solution can be as simple as trying an alternative USB port. Windows seems to "forget" the required drivers occasionally.

3. brjlk

brjlk Newbie

Yes, I reinstalled, updated HTCSync, used an alternative port & tried on 2 other PCs. Still Desire Z is nor detected.

John

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Sorry for the delayed response - been a bit busy elsewhere.

Are you using the USB cable that shipped with the handset?

5. brjlk

brjlk Newbie

Hi, thanks for the tip.
    I tried both the bundled data cable & a third party spare one. It did not work with both.

John

6. kevin11

kevin11 Lurker

my problem is more or less the same,i download the htc sync from the card and when i open it it cant find my phone, tried reinstalling it ,tried everything all the forums say.i am running windows 7. i even switched off kapersky while i down loaded from the card.

7. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

That version will be well out-of-date. Go to the HTC Support web site, download the most recent version of Sync, and install that. Hopefully this will solve your issue.

HTC Desire Z Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews