• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Http error code - dhd

3dyoni

Oct 23, 2010
Hi all,

is anyone else recently having the problem with web browsers? The problem I am having is after a recent os upgrade to my dhd I get this message

http error code: 504
gateway time-out

it was with the default brwoser then i tried with another and got the same!

I can still use other apps like Twitter and facebook though, but web browsing is impossible.

Cheers for help in advance!

62 views, no replies??

I have found out now that it is something to do with the wifi vs mobile internet (G and H). Wifi will browse just fine (at least on my own wifi) but taking it off of wifi, even with a good mobile connection to skype, android market etc. I still can't access pages through a web browser.

Really irritating as it's defeating the point. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Upvote 0
I've also got a similar problem:

When using the standard internet app on mobile data (3G/HSDPA) I get the error for all webpages:

~~~~~~~~~~
Web page not available:

The web page at: ############# could not be loaded as:

HTTP error code: 504
Gateway Time-out
~~~~~~~~~~~

All other apps that require internet/data over mobile network function correctly (e.g. facebook, maps, twitter etc). When using the standard internet app on wi-fi it works fine, so I decided to download another browser (opera) and without inputting any settings it works fine on the mobile network and wifi.

One theory, after the recent update of 1.32.405.6 this may have caused this problem???

I've gone through all the settings, and can't see any issues? Has anyone got any suggestions? Its driving me crazy.

Im on T-Mobile (through a 3rd party).

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones