1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTTP Live Streaming to Note 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShaneBurke, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ShaneBurke

ShaneBurke Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2013
    I'm trying to view an HTTP Live Streaming site on my Note 2. I've used both the built-in video player and also Real Player. It does work initially but then the stream hangs. Sometimes it resumes after several minutes and sometimes not at all. I have an iPad connected to the same stream simultaneously and it plays through just fine with no hiccups. That rules out the HLS server and bandwidth on my WI-FI. So the bottom line is, it works great on my iPad but not on my Galaxy Note 2. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. xxxxxx

xxxxxx Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    Hello, We have tried streaming video on our local setup with a router and IIS server on windows.

We tried to stream using IPhone 5 and Ipad and accessed using ethereal (Wireshark). We also changed the bit rate using bandwidth limiter. The bit rate changes are visible through ethereal as different bitrate segments will be displayed.

We tried to stream using Android phone/tablet having the OS as ICS or jellybean. We also changed the bit rate, but it does not obtain the different bit rate segments and the browser crashes. Kindly help me with this issue.