• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTX 1X changes Location

Maseroche

Aug 16, 2011
Bahrain
It's going to be a week since I got this amazing phone. I upgraded from Galaxy Nexus and I'm really impressed with it. I love holding it and using it. One small thing that keeps happening is that it suddenly changes my Location/weather. I'm in Bahrain but going by what's on the screen I'm actually in Seoul,South Korea! It's not morning anymore but mid-afternoon, not sunny but raining. It happened four times already and I'm asking if anyone else has this issue or knows how to make this phone show it's true location.

Thanks everyone and appreciate your help and insight.

It's going to be a week since I got this amazing phone. I upgraded from Galaxy Nexus and I'm really impressed with it. I love holding it and using it. One small thing that keeps happening is that it suddenly changes my Location/weather. I'm in Bahrain but going by what's on the screen I'm actually in Seoul,South Korea! It's not morning anymore but mid-afternoon, not sunny but raining. It happened four times already and I'm asking if anyone else has this issue or knows how to make this phone show it's true location.

Thanks everyone and appreciate your help and insight.

It's a database issue. I have the same problem with several third-party apps (BE Weather, Beautiful Widgets, etc.) although the stock Android (not stock Sense!) one seems to do okay... It is an issue with whatever database these apps are checking the location information against

Reactions: Maseroche
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones