1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

huawei ascend 2

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Android Question

i have the huawei ascend 2 by cricket some reason it will not charge but the chargers i have work perfectly and i just bought a new battery and i still have to try and charge it a certain way but now that doesn't even work my mom thinks theres a short in my phone is this possible? how can i fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jmcook79

jmcook79 Android Enthusiast

Is it still under warranty? It definitely sounds like internal damage or damage to the micro-usb port. Get a flashlight and check out the port for visible damage, if you don't see any it's probably internal.

Have you dropped it or got it wet recently?

AnthonyDR19 and scary alien like this.
  3. AnthonyDR19

AnthonyDR19 Lurker

No, i just looked into the phone charging lot the port is destroyed. How can i fix this? what if i don't have a warranty? i don't know any one who has a cricket phone they do not use:thinking:

4. jmcook79

jmcook79 Android Enthusiast

Well you could look for one on eBay that someone is selling for parts. Then you could call a shop and find out the price of the part and labor. It may be cheaper to buy the part on eBay and pay the shop to replace it. I have a feeling it is going to be more expensive that the cost of a new phone though.

If you can find the part for a good price, you could try fixing it yourself before shelling out the money for a new phone. I don't think you would have anything to lose at this point.

Another thought is if you can't afford a new one right now, just get the cheapest Cricket phone you can find and in the meantime start saving ;)

5. confusednoob

confusednoob Lurker

Sorry this same solution did not work for me, but it may work for you, if you bought the phone less than 1 year ago, it should be under warranty, if you pay a monthly fee for the replacement option then i think its free. It should only cost $10 the first way, go to cricket store and they will send another phone in about a week and then you go pick it up...GOOD LUCK