• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei Ascend 3G Cant connect

so thats why i can not connect to internet cricket is working on it. good i thought my phone was down i just got the phone..
That's what I thought too, I was freaking out I thought I had messed it up cuz I am rooted, and did all sorts of customizations, but customer service said they were having outages , and lost of people were complaining about it on their facebook page. Don't worry.

Upvote 0
Cool,just curious,as no one had mentioned trying *228. :)

I tried *228 but nothing seemed to change.
I still cannot connect to my 3g. I get a 3g signal but no connection to it (the 3g symbol with the up and down arrows is not showing at all, at any time since yesterday afternoon)

I called customer service and they didn't seem to understand my problem
I hope its just Cricket and not my Ascend.

This is so frustrating, i miss my internets. :(

**EDIT**
So, upon further investigation, i checked out Crickets Facebook page to see that EVERYONE is having this issue and its still in effect as of now. See the madness here --> http://www.facebook.com/cricketwireless

So, like Danaj said, its not your phone. Its Cricket.
I assume doing the occasional *228 could help you get back online once everything is fixed, but until then, enjoy your Wifi. Ha.

Silly, Cricket.
Y U DO DIS 2 US?!

Upvote 0
FYI,if in the future you encounter data connection issues & are using an AD blocking app,try toggling the app off & connecting to data to rule out the AD BLOCKER as being the issue.

I myself was experiencing data issues & was running multiple AD blocking apps & disabled all but one & haven't had any connectivity issues since.

Upvote 0
Had the same problem myself today, I'm on Cricket. Same error as all above and I could connect VIA WI-FI..Both of my daughters are on the same service,same phone and could connect with no problems. I hard reset and restored my contacts but as soon as I turned off WI-FI, NOTHING..Finally I turned ON airplane mode for 2 minuetes and turned it off again and it fixed it.

Upvote 0
Yup mine is also back down. It was down yesterday then came back on sometime in the evening and now its down again.....Dern'it
What i did was pretty simple and it has come back on.. I did alot of searching for apps and i found this "quick settings" app and it allows u to turn your 3g network on and off.. i flipped it off and back on and it has been on now.. hope this works for u too

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
My 3G is out in Chicago.
MyCricketForum.com - Data Outage (6/19/2011) No 3g Internet
It is happening again. Check out this Youtube video link.
YouTube - ‪MyCricketForum.com - Data Outage (6/19/2011) No 3g Internet‬‏

I had the same exact connectivity issues as described in this YOUTUBE video over the weekend.
This afternoon I CALLED 611 & SPOKE w/a CRICKET rep & described the connectivity problem to her.She instructed me to shut down the phone, & pull the battery,leave it out for 3 minutes.
During that time,she said she was going to do something on her end to alleviate the situation & instructed me to put the battery back in & re-boot after 3 minute interval.
I'm happy to report that all is well again w/the 3G signal & connectivity.The CRICKET rep went as far to state that if I continued to experience 3G issues to call again & she would do everything in her power to help the situation.

So,the next time you have issues w/your CRICKET phone or service,I suggest giving the Customer Reps. a try before giving up.That is what they are there for.Believe me,if they were as half as bad as their reputation leads people to believe,do you think Cricket would actually have them as a member of their team?
And yes,the CRICKET Rep spoke w/an accent not native to North America,however,she was clear & concise in her communication skills & very knowledgeable & courteous.In my experiences of late,CRICKET has picked up their game all around,especially w/their Customer Service.
Believe it or not,they too are human beings & work for a living as most of us here @ A/F,so give them the benefit of the doubt the next time you have issues w/your phone or service.

Reactions: Scur and Gmash
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones