• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei Ascend bizzare blinking?!

ok.. so last night i fell asleep and before i closed my eyes i seen my battery life on my phone. it was really low. so i figured hey its going to die. ill just recharge it back up tommarow morning. when i woke up, i tried charging it and the 4 buttons were blinking white? i did some research before posting and nothing has helped. i tried removing my sd card, i tried removing my battery and charged the phone WITHOUT the battery in it ( still didnt turn on, only blinked). i even left it charging all day today and nothing.... and i havent downloaded apps in the past week so i no i didnt catch a virus from an app.. i also noticed that this is a common problem for huawei ascend holders (researched). also the master reset method isnt working either, the whole pressing the power button, volume up and send button. can anyone help? :/...

ok.. so last night i fell asleep and before i closed my eyes i seen my battery life on my phone. it was really low. so i figured hey its going to die. ill just recharge it back up tommarow morning. when i woke up, i tried charging it and the 4 buttons were blinking white? i did some research before posting and nothing has helped. i tried removing my sd card, i tried removing my battery and charged the phone WITHOUT the battery in it ( still didnt turn on, only blinked). i even left it charging all day today and nothing.... and i havent downloaded apps in the past week so i no i didnt catch a virus from an app.. i also noticed that this is a common problem for huawei ascend holders (researched). also the master reset method isnt working either, the whole pressing the power button, volume up and send button. can anyone help? :/...

Did you root the phone or doing anything to it yet? If not you can take it back to the store because there is a one year warranty.

Upvote 0
yeah i rooted my phone about a month and a half ago. and i no thats not the problem cuz it was so long ago. i just need information that can help... :/

defected phone, and also since it will not boot up they wouldnt know you rooted it no way plus they not that smart to even look for it no way...over half/might be all dont even know what root is...

Upvote 0
defected phone, and also since it will not boot up they wouldnt know you rooted it no way plus they not that smart to even look for it no way...over half/might be all dont even know what root is...

Yeah it sound like the phone is bricked for whatever reason. Maybe when you were charging it up it took a power surge. I would let it charge with battery in obviously for about an hour then see what happens.

However you can always take it back to the store you got it from because of the 1 year warranty.

On a side note, if the TapOut was not such a POS i would brick mine on purpose, because my metro store only has the TapOut Ascends....

Upvote 0
alright... and by the way. i figured how to turn it back on. but now it wont even charge. i left it charging in the morning as i was in school. when i got home the battery level was still at 0%.. lame. what does defective phone even mean by the way? lmao. no way to fix it? and yea i tried replacing the phone once before. but they actually found the superuser app that auto downloads on yer phone system if it becomes rooted. so they couldnt replace it. i just want it fixed.... if not ill be going bak to the lame none droid phone "imprint".... LOL.

Upvote 0
alright... and by the way. i figured how to turn it back on. but now it wont even charge. i left it charging in the morning as i was in school. when i got home the battery level was still at 0%.. lame. what does defective phone even mean by the way? lmao. no way to fix it? and yea i tried replacing the phone once before. but they actually found the superuser app that auto downloads on yer phone system if it becomes rooted. so they couldnt replace it. i just want it fixed.... if not ill be going bak to the lame none droid phone "imprint".... LOL.

restore phone back to factory...http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/282038-how-flash-huawei-ascend-stock.html

Upvote 0
You have to do a master reset. Cricket support will only tell you to get a new phone. Although I haven't done a hard reset thats how my boyfriend fixed my phone. If it works for you please pass on for anyone else who has problems with their Huawei Asend phone. Hope it helps o(^.^)o

Jazziette posted How to do a hard reset:

How to reset the Huawei Ascend using the buttons:

First remove battery for a few minutes and then put it back in.

Then at the same time hold the following:

volume up, call button and power button (hold until it vibrates)

When it asks for permissions select:

select wipe data/ factory to reset

That's it!

Upvote 0
I had the same problem a couple days ago so i ordered a new battery off ebay.. i left my phone plugged into the charger with out the battery in for 30 mins and the phone turned on but said i had no data..plugged the battery back in and data returned...got rid of the crappy charger that came with it and im now using my wifes mytouch 4g charger and my phone works like new

Upvote 0
will it 100% go bak to normal if i did the fctory reset?... will it fix the charger and phone problem? :/.. before i do this i need to make sure if its guarenteed to fix this.. does factory reset fix defected phones?

LOL, it will make it like if you took it out of the box when you purchased it, without customizing your phone. It won't fix the phone if it has an actual problem with it. And fixing "defected" phones, not sure, but it won't fix "defective" phones! :D

Upvote 0
Gabestagg I am having the same problem...how did you figure out how to turn it back on? I have tried the factory reset and after holing the 3 buttons forever it wont do anything...wont charge, wont turn on nothing...I have only had this phone for 9 months
Your phone randomly bricked? If a Hard Reset or a Factory doesn't do it, time to use your warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones