• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei Ascend M860 keypad Vibrate

ipsofacto73

Lurker
Jan 27, 2011
Hello Fellow Androids:

Would anyone know how to stop the Huawei Ascend M860 from vibrating, when you input digits into the telephone keypad? (The phone sequentially vibrates when each number on the key pad is depressed).

About Phone:
-Model: Huawei M860
-Software: Android
-Firmware version: 2.1 update 1

Thank You
Shia Shea

Hello Fellow Androids:

Would anyone know how to stop the Huawei Ascend M860 from vibrating, when you input digits into the telephone keypad? (The phone sequentially vibrates when each number on the key pad is depressed).

About Phone:
-Model: Huawei M860
-Software: Android
-Firmware version: 2.1 update 1

Thank You
Shia Shea

Settings/Language and Keyboards/Choose the keyboard you are using from the list/De-select vibrate on keypress.

You could do this for all installed keyboards or just the one you use.

Another thing you can turn off is Haptic Feedback.

Settings/Sound and Display/De-select Haptic Feedback

Robb

Upvote 0
Yep sir you are correct. I thought that Haptic setting would turn it off but no dice. I tried changing all the setting and nothing seems to turn the keypad vibrate off.

Robb

I just got done reading that the feature to be able to disable the vibrate in dialer was removed in 1.5, but there are indeed alternative dialers you can download from the market that will indeed have the option to turn off the vibration when dialing a number such as Super Dialer or something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones