• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei Ascend (metro PCS) Socket is not connected error

Jessysmith

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Hey i just got the huawei ascend a week ago, and now my market, pandora and facebook app wont work... i keep getting an error that say Socket is not connected. i have no idea what this means I'm new to the phone and not really technologically savvy.... please help me im unable to use my phone except calls and texts:(

Upvote 0
this problem is really a pain in the ass i have it too but a quic fix that i have had if u put the phone into airplane mode for like 2 mins and switch it off it works fine for a long while. i do have some problems with metro network but not as many as other people this is the first i have really had. i live in long island new york so maybe that's why but i usually always have 4 bars

Upvote 0
Metro should be ashamed of themselves for not notifying their customers of this problem. This is ridiculous.

It's cheaper to let the people complain individually than it is to try and call or text everyone to confirm that, yes, there is a problem. This is how corporations cut corners to keep padding that bottom line, because those who blow it off don't ask for service credit, and by not publicly saying there's a problem, many people who might then ask for a service credit won't know they can do so.

Reactions: KOLIO and Gmash
Upvote 0
It's cheaper to let the people complain individually than it is to try and call or text everyone to confirm that, yes, there is a problem. This is how corporations cut corners to keep padding that bottom line, because those who blow it off don't ask for service credit, and by not publicly saying there's a problem, many people who might then ask for a service credit won't know they can do so.
True, but cricket sure doesn't have a problem texting me every other day telling me to bring in an old cricket phone to get activated for $15 lol

Upvote 0
Amazing how much money they will spend to try and make more money, and how little they'll spend to make people happy.
They only care about signing up new customers (they buy phones!) instead of keeping existing customers happy. Very short sighted imo (word of mouth spreads), but that's what the stockholders want. Growth is all important, and they can always dump their stock right before it tanks. It's not like THEY are using metro or cricket!

Upvote 0
They only care about signing up new customers (they buy phones!) instead of keeping existing customers happy. Very short sighted imo (word of mouth spreads), but that's what the stockholders want. Growth is all important, and they can always dump their stock right before it tanks. It's not like THEY are using metro or cricket!

Too true. You would think the recurring revenue would be more important, but I guess they figure that if you went with Cricket or Metro, you couldn't get service from one of the bigger carriers in the first place, so they can do pretty much whatever they want.

If the stockholders ARE using Metro or Cricket, I would bet money they aren't paying much for it.

Upvote 0
I hear what you guys are saying but I think Cricket is really trying hard to keep the price affordable, provide good service (3G etc) and provide some kind of customer service. (Unsatisfactory as it is.)

LOL

I actually left Verizon because I felt their customer service was very unsatisfactory for what I had to pay. As soon as my contract was up I was gone.

Sometimes I think Cricket is geared more toward the Hispanic community and that's why they have outsourced their Cust Svc to Mexico.

Guess it's a good thing I'm bi-lingual huh?

NOT!

hahaha

No comprendo nada!!

:D

Upvote 0
I hear what you guys are saying but I think Cricket is really trying hard to keep the price affordable, provide good service (3G etc) and provide some kind of customer service. (Unsatisfactory as it is.)

LOL

I actually left Verizon because I felt their customer service was very unsatisfactory for what I had to pay. As soon as my contract was up I was gone.

Sometimes I think Cricket is geared more toward the Hispanic community and that's why they have outsourced their Cust Svc to Mexico.

Guess it's a good thing I'm bi-lingual huh?

NOT!

hahaha

No comprendo nada!!

:D
I don't know if they are geared toward the hispanic community, I think they are geared toward the poor-people-with-no-credit-score-community, of which many recent immigrants are a part. Btw, how can you live in arizona WITHOUT speaking spanish? Do you have an interpreter? Lol

Upvote 0
I don't know if they are geared toward the hispanic community, I think they are geared toward the poor-people-with-no-credit-score-community, of which many recent immigrants are a part. Btw, how can you live in arizona WITHOUT speaking spanish? Do you have an interpreter? Lol

LOL!!! I think you hit the snail on the head! :D

Actually yo hablo espanol poquito porque aprendar en mi escuela en Tejas cuando un nina! LOL

Comprendo? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones