• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Huawei Ascend - Re-install Google Talk Instructions

I only selected the appropriate carrier,mine being CRICKET,left the rest of the app/settings alone.Was able to send/receive an MMS w/an article attached,to a NON-CRICKET phone.Currently trying to duplicate w/a CRICKET phone on the other end.

NOTE:The other person experimenting w/APN MANAGER just experienced a sponteneous reboot/reset of CM7 as if it were straight out of the box,no GAPPS,etc......

I have rebooted & not experienced this,so,just as w/anything in the world of ROMS,customizing,etc.....tread w/caution.Besides,you can restore w/TIBU &/or GOOGLE via SETTINGS >PRIVACY>AUTOMATIC RESTORE.

GOOD LUCK & HAPPY MMSing!

EDIT,PART DEUX:

Users spontaneous reset/reboot was an issue surrounding DT'S A2SD(issue,not a malfunction.DT'S A2SD it works PERFECTLY)

No problems with 81 square's APN MANAGER.Still working FLAWLESSLY!

Carry on & HAPPY MMSing into CARPAL TUNNELANDASIA! :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Make a mistake and uninstall Google Talk?

Here's how to get it back:

Step 1:

Download, Extract, and Transfer the contents of this zipped folder to your phone. You can simply do this by plugging your phone in via usb, and dropping the rootexplorer.apk into your download folder.

Link: [warez link removed]

Then, go into file manager, Tap the SD Card Tab, go to download folder, and install the root explorer.apk

Step 2:

Download, Extract, and Transfer the contents of this zipped folder to the same download folder.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1239859/Talk App and Services.zip

Step 3:

Go into root explorer, navigate to your SD card, then to the download folder where you will find the following files

1 gtalkservice.apk
2 talk.apk
3 talkprovider.apk

These are the 3 you just transferred over.

Step 4:

Long press on one of those, and click copy or move. Once you click copy, you will see your next option on screen is to paste. Click back 2 times, and scroll to the bottom and you will see system, click system, then click apps. Paste that into apps. Then go back to the download folder again inside your sd card, and do the same for the remaining two files. Once all 3 are moved or copied into the /system/app folder, reboot your phone, and try to download something, if you get the force close error still, then do a hard reset.

Ok, i found the downloads on google and did everything to step 3 but then i got stuck on step 4 when it said to move it to the file system, i apparently dont have that either :( what do i do??? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I'm Having the same problem. I just don't know what is wrong. I followed the steps exactly. I really need help. everytime it will say read only. Could anyone simplify the steps for me so that i can fix this isssue... Please????

If you are using a file explorer such as ROOT EXPLORER, you'll need to change the mounting from R/O (Read Only) to R/W(Read/Write).
W/ROOT EXPLORER, just tap on the white tab @ the top of the page that says MOUNT R/W.

Upvote 0
If you are using a file explorer such as ROOT EXPLORER, you'll need to change the mounting from R/O (Read Only) to R/W(Read/Write).
W/ROOT EXPLORER, just tap on the white tab @ the top of the page that says MOUNT R/W.

i did that but when i went to paste it back into the system app folder it went back to R/O and it said that message about it being a read only file.

Upvote 0

Step 1:

Download, Extract, and Transfer the contents of this zipped folder to your phone. You can simply do this by plugging your phone in via usb, and dropping the rootexplorer.apk into your download folder.

Then, go into file manager, Tap the SD Card Tab, go to download folder, and install the root explorer.apk

Step 2:

Download, Extract, and Transfer the contents of this zipped folder to the same download folder.

Step 3:

Go into root explorer, navigate to your SD card, then to the download folder where you will find the following files

1 gtalkservice.apk
2 talk.apk
3 talkprovider.apk

Step 4:

Long press on one of those, and click copy or move. Once you click copy, you will see your next option on screen is to paste. Click back 2 times, and scroll to the bottom and you will see system, click system, then click apps. Paste that into apps. Then go back to the download folder again inside your sd card, and do the same for the remaining two files. Once all 3 are moved or copied into the /system/app folder, reboot your phone, and try to download something, if you get the force close error still, then do a hard reset.

won't the hard reset loose all of your apps and other things? what if i do that and it still doesnt work?

Upvote 0
It sounds like it may be best to download whichever stock ROM is applicable to your phone to your desktop PC & start over.

Why the apk's/apps that you downloaded aren't working may be due to a corrupted download.Perhaps try a different source for the apk's & give it another shot.

If still no success,re-loading the entire stock ROM seems to be the best solution.

Check out all the stickies in this forum for backing up photos,contacts,etc.. before proceeding any further.

BTW.........

WELCOME to ANDROID FORUMS CHASIDAWNXO!:party:

Reactions: chasidawnxo
Upvote 0

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

1 gtalkservice.apk
2 talk.apk
3 talkprovider.apk

Step 4:

will the hard reset bring back my google talk?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones