1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Huawei Ascend thru Cricket Questions

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by txheart0711, Jun 20, 2011.

1. txheart0711

txheart0711 Member
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    I've just about lived on this website for a couple of weeks now. I had a Blackberry given to me and used it for a few months, but I was not aware smart phones had to be on a different kind of data plan, so all I had was the basic unlimited everything. Half the stuff on the Blackberry didn't work and I wasn't real blown away by it. Somehow I lost the dang thing a couple of weeks ago.......Enter the Ascend.

I LOVE this phone!!! I am blown away at all the different apps and stuff. I could easily spend all day on the phone and never have a boring minute. There are a couple of things that are confusing me though.

I downloaded Handsent SMS (due to recommendations at this website) and would really like to use it. It looks way cool, with the different themes and stuff. However, in my notifications I see I have a reply text, but when I click on it the only thing I see is the outgoing text that I wrote. I cannot find the reply text anywhere. In the main Handsent messages window, I can read the first line of the reply, but clicking on it brings up my outgoing msg, the reply nowhere to be seen. How the heck do I get to the replied messages?

Also, when my phone is on standby(??) -- when it goes dark because I haven't used it for a few minutes, if a call comes in I hear the ring, but no where does it show me who is calling or give me the option to pick it up. I'd really like to know who is calling me, did I do something to it? I can't even pick the call up when they come in that way. When I'm on the phone and a call comes, I see the caller id thing, and the answer/decline option, and I can press the talk button to pick it up.

And, last but not least, what the heck is rooting? My phone is brand new, I do have insurance on it and I'm using Cricket wireless. If I choose to follow the directions here to root it, what does that mean? Does it void my insurance? The main reason I want it rooted is because I'd very much like to move most of my apps to the SD card, and the only app I've seen that will do that says it's only for rooted phones. Please advise.

I have more questions, and probably will have lots more, but that's the main issues right now. I'd appreciate any pointers/help y'all can give. Thank all of you so much for your recommendations, tips & tricks, etc. This website is awesome!

I'm one of the wordiest people you'll ever meet, and it doesn't matter how hard I try, I can't just type a quick message. I'm sorry!!

~Kylee

Advertisement