1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Huawei Ascend X U9000-81

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tmd222, Jun 28, 2013.

1. tmd222

tmd222 Lurker

I know I am far behind but I am not sure of the terminology to use. I have a Cincinnati Bell Phone, and it has 2.2 os (I think). I would like to upgrade my phone with the newest features. I am thinking there is something higher than 2.2 like maybe a 4.0 or even 5.0

I am willing to try each and every step needed to make it happen, but I am not sure which should be the first step or even which steps to take.

I have heard of root, jellybean, flash, gingerbread, jail break, and many other terms, but I don't know what I need to to.

Please help with sugar on top!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

Hi, welcome to the forums! The Ascend X never got much support around here. There was a sub forum for it at one time, but it looks like it got sent to the archived phones section for lack of activity. I think there was some info on rooting it there if you want to look it up, but I think it was a complicated process. Also, the Huawei Ideos X6 is the same phone, you could check that section, but it never got much activity ether. I don't know if Cincinnati Bell ever updated that phone, but to check, go to settings, scroll down to "about phone" and click on "software update" and see if anything congress"comes up. Good luck!