1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Huawei Ascend

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by verybusymom, Feb 9, 2011.

1. verybusymom

verybusymom Lurker

My DH let me try out his new Huawei and I loved it but the problem is with my DH phone I am not able to text cause I cannot use my finger nails. Is there a way I can use my finger nails?Maybe change the settings to make it more sensitive? If not,I have no idea what new phone to get.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

I would have to suggest one with a physical keyboard, not a touchscreen.

And for curiosity's sake, what's your "DH"?

3. verybusymom

verybusymom Lurker

4. BlastGT1

I had a feeling it was Dear somethingorother, but for whatever reason I just didn't connect the Husband part.

Can't say I've heard anything about those phones, myself. However, I would recommend googling both phones and reading some reviews to see what other people have to say. I always read comments, which drives my DW (Dear Wife) crazy, LOL. I pay attention to the reviewer's notes, but not so much if the majority of opinions by the commenters say otherwise. I prefer the common man's (or woman's) opinion over someone who is paid to write a review.

I would also recommend going to the store and asking them to let you check out a live phone. My wife did this and was allowed to test the Ascend and another phone, and that helped her immensely in being able to see what they actually do.

KOLIO likes this.
  5. verybusymom

verybusymom Lurker

Thank you! I will go try some phone out tomorrow :)

KOLIO likes this.
  6. BlastGT1

You're more than welcome. Don't let them give you any crap either. If they want to be stingy and not let you play with a phone, ask them if they know what it looks like to see their commission walk out the door, then start slowly turning around.....

KOLIO likes this.
  7. Lennatron

Lennatron Android Enthusiast

I use an app called Better Keyboard. It replaces the stock Android keyboard. It is very accurate and is not slow/Laggy at all. Other people also recommend Smart Keyboard but I have not tried this.

8. OFFTHEHOOK

OFFTHEHOOK Lurker

How do u upgrade Huawei ascend 2.1 to 2.2

9. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

The upgrade is in the app store

10. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

Cricket or MetroPCS? I ask because apparently Cricket finally released an update, but I think you have to take it to a corporate store to get it... Otherwise, if you're on Metro, like Shiny said, it's in the app store.