• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Huawei Fusion 2 - News

I still have it, and carry it with me.

I'm using the CyanogenMod version 10-20130531-UNOFFICIAL-u8815 that I got off this site.

It was dreadful as a phone, so I removed the SIM. I just use it as a mini tablet. I connect to the WiFi at home and at work so I can check e-mail, gas prices, and other things. I also keep music on it and use Apollo as an MP3 player.

Pros: Makes a good MP3 player and e-mail checker.

Cons: Was a terrible cell phone, crappy camera, and I have to restore it from time to time because it gets very sluggish.

I'm looking to replace it. :(

Upvote 0

I'm using the CyanogenMod version 10-20130531-UNOFFICIAL-u8815 that I got off this site.

It was dreadful as a phone, so I removed the SIM. I just use it as a mini tablet. I connect to the WiFi at home and at work so I can check e-mail, gas prices, and other things. I also keep music on it and use Apollo as an MP3 player.

Cons: Was a terrible cell phone, crappy camera, and I have to restore it from time to time because it gets very sluggish.

I'm gonna have to agree 100% with you on that one. I've had an HTC One since January, and just leave this device in some random place around my house lol. Thankfully flagships these days can do basically All-in-one tasks so I don't really use the Fusion 2. But it is very bad for a phone in this day of age, even for a low end device.

Upvote 0
iPhone replacement since July 6 2013.

Don't now about others but mine last 2 full days with WiFi on and heavy browsing. ( iPhone only 4 hours )

Running ZeRoseDev version of android kitkat 4.4.2.

The only thing that i don't like is the screen size, too small for me but can't afford another phone so I need to deal with it. :)

How did you get 2 days out of this phone?! :p I don't use it anymore but the 4.4.2 eats up the phones battery in like 30 minutes without even heavy usage. I'm selling it for $65, and got a buyer

Upvote 0
I'm using it as my main phone XD Is the only device that I can afford for now but it's ok for me at least it allows me to check the mail and chat at college...
I have cyanogenmod 10.1 (cm-10.1-20130719-NIGHTLY-U8665)

Haha aw man that stinks, hopefully you can get a much better device. ;)
The Fusion 2, especially with these newer versions of Android, definitely can't perform too well, but a phone's a phone

Upvote 0

One reason it could be running like crap is the rather old version of CM you have on it. If you'd upgrade it to CM10.1 (or CM11), it runs much better.

I'm currently running CM11 (http://androidforums.com/fusion-2-a...-0-4-4-2-stable-kitkat-rom-w-1-288mhz-oc.html) and has been running smooth and stable @ 1288MHz.

Upvote 0
Well, I still have and like my Fusion but today I bought $39 Huawei Tribute Y536A1 that is available at Walmart right now. Is a QUADCORE 1.2 Ghz 4.5" Android 4.4 ROCKET compared to the Fusion!! (looks like a Fusion on steroids) Better 5MP rear and 2MP front camera WITH FLASH. 2000 mah REMOVABLE battery. Now, on to the rooting!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones