1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Huawei p8 lte doesnt turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by abcd11, Aug 4, 2020.

1. abcd11

abcd11 Lurker

Hi. I ve got a huawei p8 lite which i bought in 2016.
    Suddenly my phone doesnt turn on.
    I tried to charge it but any led doesnt light.
    It doesnt even enter in recovery mode.
    I tried to do every combination of key but nothing.It s completely dead.
    I noted that the microusb plug is damaged,for that the phone doesn charge
    What can i do now?
    Thanks for reading me

#1 abcd11, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Time for a new phone. Your battery is dead

ocnbrze and abcd11 like this.
  3. abcd11

abcd11 Lurker

Cant i replace the battery with a new one?

Anyway I need so much to recover the photos inside the internal memory.How can i do it?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh the battery can be replaced.
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Huawei+P8+Battery+Replacement/88661
    If you can't DIY, you'll have to find a competent phone tech to do it.

To recover photos from internal storage, you'll have to get the phone to turn on, that's it.

ocnbrze and abcd11 like this.
  5. abcd11

abcd11 Lurker

I bringed it to a phone tech and asked me 60€ to fix it.
    Shall i accept the price?

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Just to clarify, that link refers to the P8, use refer to the P8 Lite guide if you do want to tackle the battery replacement yourself:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Huawei+P8+Lite+Battery+Replacement/95845
    But I don't think you should at this point.
    Something to keep in mind that simply because you have the battery replaced, that doesn't solve the USB charging port problem. That's probably the issue you need to address. The original battery may have failed, or it may still be fine, but a newly replaced battery or the original battery still need to be recharged periodically, and if neither can receive power that's the source problem.
    Your really stuck in a bad place right now. With a drained battery and a bad charging port, you can have the battery replaced but you then need to back up whatever you can before that replacement battery gets drained. Probably doable if you prepare beforehand, but it is a matter of that battery being more or less a one-time usage cost. (not so much the battery itself but the labor charge).
    The other part of the problem is with most phones the USB port is soldered to the motherboard. Only some phone do have modular, replaceable USB ports but not many. Most repair facilities will just replace the entire motherboard as a fix for this kind of problem. The internal storage chip, where all your data is stored, is also just an integrated, solid-state, chip also soldered to the motherboard, so when the mobo gets replaced so does the internal storage. And your data goes into a recycle bin too.
    So when it comes to the USB port, how does it appear to be damaged? Any way you can finagle it in any way to at least get the battery charged up enough so you can rescue your data?

Dannydet, ocnbrze and abcd11 like this.
  7. abcd11

abcd11 Lurker

Thank u so much for the great answer.
    The microusb port is damaged coz my mother tried to insert inside a charging cable for type c.
    I cant finagle it.
    I think i must give the phone to the tech,he told me thath he will repair it for 60€

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Be sure to explain your dilemma to the service shop person just so they're aware a primary need is to retain your data. They'll probably be very careful of that at least once they're aware it's an issue. Some shops will consider replacing the motherboard as the easiest and quickest fix, and then people freak out when they get their device back. A little open communication on both parts is often very helpful.

abcd11 and ocnbrze like this.

Huawei P8 Lite Forum

The Huawei P8 Lite release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, HiSilicon Kirin 620 processor, and 2200mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews