• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei phone keeps killing apps after locking screen

Avalon11

Jan 22, 2019
Hello. I want to use some programs such as strobe light, metal and RF signal detector apps in background to alert with sound/vibration on my Huawei P20 PRO even when display is off but phone keeps silencing apps after the locking screen. I tried already using several options shown in some guides but setting to „Manage manually“ and disabling power saving doesn‘t do anything. Is there something else I can try? I really need those apps running. Strangely a third party apps such as VLC player will continue playing sound but others wont.

Android OS is Q 10, EMUI version 10.0.0

Reactions: mikedt
Already did check battery settings as mentioned. You mean to enable "Screen pinning"? Enabled, nothing changed.

Just because you enabled screen pinning does not make it do anything.

You must follow the directions, usually you go into recent apps and touch the pin icon.

Battery optimization is part of the battery settings, but not usually apparent- it is buried a bit.

Try doing a search for it in settings.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones