• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei S7 - how to use internal SD card for apps?

I have a Huawei S7 tablet. I filled up the 175MB of internal tablet storage with downloaded apps. The internal SD card has 7.46GB total and 7.46GB available space. How can I get the apps installed on the internal SD card instead?

I saw on the web that you can "Settings > Applications > Manage applications > (click on app) > Move to SD card". I tried clicking on about 15 of my apps, and none of them showed this "Move to SD card" option.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks. Unfortunately, I have no "Move to SD card" option, though I do see this on my Huawei Ideos, which is Android v2.2, whereas the S7 is Android v2.1. So I'm still out of luck.

I have tried inserting an external 2GB micro SD card, but still don't see the "Move to SD card" option.

Does anyone know how to use the internal and external SD cards on the S7?

Upvote 0
I have a Huawei S7 tablet. I filled up the 175MB of internal tablet storage with downloaded apps. The internal SD card has 7.46GB total and 7.46GB available space. How can I get the apps installed on the internal SD card instead?

I saw on the web that you can "Settings > Applications > Manage applications > (click on app) > Move to SD card". I tried clicking on about 15 of my apps, and none of them showed this "Move to SD card" option.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi there,

the Ideos s7 calls the inserted sd card internal storage and saves arising system data there. Inspite of this, the sd card is not formatted and without partitions. The 175MB free RAM can be filled with as many apps as you could install on the sd card.

If you upgrade to Android 2.2 with the option apps2sd, you won't have as much RAM as now. But you could install several apps to sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones