• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root huawei u8150 rom flashing

slutyman

Android Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2011
i get this every time i try to flash a rom

Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:CM7-M835-08302011-signed.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/CM7-M835-08302011-signed.zip
Installing update...
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "M835" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "M835" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "M835"
I:read: ui_print assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "M835" || getprop("ro.buassert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "M835" || getprop("ro.buI:read: ild.product") == "M835" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "M835"
E:unknown command [ild.product")]
I:read: ui_print

E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-30012012-NIGHTLY-U8150-signed
(Status 7)

it looks something like this

can u tell me what src and compile mean and have to do with porting
src is short for source code, compile = build, you compile source code for anything you use on a computer or electronic device. The proper way to port anything is with source code. Porting a precompiled ROM, basically one already built for another device is called a dirty port as you (not you specifically) takes someone elses work and just swap out the needed files to make it work on your device. I dont work with prebuild roms from other devices, just source so it can be done correctly, or attempt to be done correctly.

Thats why I stopped where I did on the CM7 port as others just kept using it to bastardise another rom or turned around n cooked it.

And I still dont have a m835 to work with. ;)

And like I said to start with, ics will prolly not run at all on the m835 and if it does it will run like shyt. ICS is very gpu dependant which the m835 doesnt have a dedicated gpu, lacks the ram needed, and has a sucky cpu. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones