1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Huawei U8230 bootlooping?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lenny87, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Lenny87

Lenny87 Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Hey.

I got a problem with a girlfriend of mine, she owns a Huawei U8230, over night it went into bootloop.

I have decided to help her fix this, cause I've fixed several other android phones, but I cant get into the bootloader where I can reset the phone?

When I hold volume - and back button when turning on, the phone goes into a bluescreen with some lines written in white, something about the build date etc.

Anyone knows how to fix this phone? :)

Advertisement

2. Lenny87

Lenny87 Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Nevermind I fixed it my self. :D

But I've read on the internet that Android 2.1 is out for this phone, but I cant seem to find it on Huawei's homepage.

Anyone knows where to get the update for it? :)

3. JW1988

JW1988 New Member

Sep 28, 2011
  4. Lenny87

Lenny87 Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Thank you.

I did fix it myself last night.

But, I made it boot up in stock 1.5 and the phone worked great, then I flashed Red Bull Mobile 2.1 rom from Germany, and it worked, but I know that my gf dont like the launcher of the rom, so I wanted to go back to 1.5, but I could'nt find a downgrading patch, and I tried flashing 2.1 from switcherland because it is more like stock android (i've heard), but now I got into problems.

When ever I try flashing a stock rom, it says Update failed, and when I try to boot up in the rbm 2.1 rom that is on the phone, I cant get out of the setup guide. :S

Is there anyone who knows how to get this phone working again with 1.5 Android on it?

5. JW1988

JW1988 New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You need to get the correct stock rom.

I had this trouble ( update failed) until I got the correct rom for australia.

Tags: